Ao Ashi - Vol. 20 Ch. 210 - Becoming the Symbol of Under-18 Football

Dex-chan lover
I'm better than Xavi... yeah kid, sure. an experiment were he helped you for shit n giggles (even a good simulation can't replace the actual game for the player) against him actually playing games at full capacity.

at least this arc is a clear jab at the curreny Japanese team, as they were winning 2-0 in the first half against Belgium but they couldn't keep up the 2nd half.

@Knighto While I do believe it might be a jab to the Japanese NT, I really like how Japan play against Belgium in the WC, they keep pushing and attacking despite leading 2-0. Their tenacity excited me. Although, maybe lapse of concentration get the best of them. I dont think this chapter specifically jab on that particular match. Just an opinion

Dex-chan lover
@architeus
not the chapter but the arc, about instilling the winning mentality, the moment the first goal happen their concentration broke (both headers could have been evaded... third goal was a perfect counter)

ok kid, you're not better than xavi. try to go head to head on a match and compare. not from some daytime tv reality show "experiment"

Dex-chan lover
@Duckiedoggo
if a manga had a character that was just ronaldinho, people would call him a gary stu OP self-insert, man was too powerful.

@RangoBongo ikr. Those people are reading a sports manga, a seinen genre on top of that, and being ignorant and throwing stupid comments.

Like, why the fuck you read this manga again?

I bet when there's Ibra in this manga, those guys will start call him a "Hibari Kyoya" character lmao

I'm just gonna say I really appreciate the last page about Aomori Seiran and Aomori Yamada comparison and fun facts. Really interesting

Thanks for the chapter! Reading end notes and reader comments at the end of every chapter are my highlights 🙂🙂

bruh stop calling it super power, it's a talent dude, it's normal in real life where we call it as biomotor abilities, ex: strength, power, vision, stamina, agility and speed.
btw xavi>>>>>>>>>that lil kid.

Dex-chan lover
I want that coach's jacket. Its so fly. Also, it really makes sense what he says.

Fundamentally, the purpose of youth clubs are generally to develop talent for the senior team. I think we've seen that happening in Esperion. So yea there's a tug of war between development and winning. And in basketball, there are plenty of world class players that are immensely skilled, but they don't exactly have that winning mentality *cough*kyrie*cough*. Is that wrong? Imo not really, different professionals want different things out of their careers. Some want to win, some want to make money and live a good life. But in the context of International sports, i think a winning mentality has a lot more weight. yea those are my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread