Ao Ashi - Vol. 21 Ch. 212 - Ashito's Situation

Thank you for the chapter.This chapter kind of makes me feel Fukuda is being a coward and not playing ashito,it's expected that this kind of failures and mismatches happen in youth but not playing such a rapidly growing player just for that is just cowardice

Power Uploader
@JackRipper7
Did you read the chapter? Ashito admitted that he wasn't ready yet. At this point in time, he'll just get drunk on attacking again if he did play.

I actually really appreciate this development for Aoi, even though I miss seeing the rapid growth. His role of being important to the future of the team along with Akutsu is cemented, we've seen how good he can be without his limiter and it excited everyone from players to coaching staff. Fukuda probably knows that Akutsu is coaching Aoi directly and has been told to watch the games at "birds eye" perspective to put it more conventionally how Aoi can develop his elite vision.

Thanks for the chapter.

It must be frustrating from being in matches to not even being on the bench. But Ashito is aware of the fact that he is lacking in some way and needs to cool his head a little and that will help him improve once again. I'm sure his return to the pitch will be memorable.

Dex-chan lover
As if breaking down during a match is not enough, now he even has nightmares of Trepone. Why is Ashito traumatised by Trepone.

Akutsu has a lot of patience now. The built-up stress is gonna kill this guy someday

@versub because Aoi believed he was about to make a breakthrough in the Funabashi match, and Trepone showed him that he was nowhere close.

Super interesting, but I wonder why Asari is playing when Kobayakawa is on the bench and Ganon Osaka seems to be a team on the same level as Esperion or even better...

every athlete goes this mind fuck in organized sports. lets see how this helps him
still a bit too unclear for my tastes but *shrugs*

Aoi needs to properly learn defense. He has learned well, for a while, but he is slow to return to attack and slow to properly use his teammates well on attack when he loses himself.

Right now, I think he's learning WHEN to use that switch of his, by first grilling defense so much that he will always have it as a priority on his mind. Basically temper one side by emphasizing the other.

Eh at this point its pretty obvious he'll at least be on the bench for the aomori match, so I dont think its a big deal hes left out of other matches. Imo Fukuda needs to speak to Aoi though.

at least work on your fitness too ashito. you're still a 'wimp' even in japan youth standard, let alone world stage where you'll go against player with monstrous athleticism and build

this is really such a good sports manga like i dont know somehow every chapter is so satisfying even if theres no action or things dont rlly seem to be going well for the mc like every chapter just rlly makes me look forward to the next one. it's so well-paced and the art is great! im torn between like . wanting it to be more popular and also keeping this gem to myself LMFAO

thank you for the chapter!

Two months, and fukuda has not say a word to Ashito. Some part of me imagined that Fukuda would say something to the kid, I don't know... Words of empathy or at least some advice, if there's someone who understands the feeling of being overly consumed by football, it's him after all. I'm kinda torn of what to feel about Fukuda. In previous chapters we saw him thinking profusely about Ashito, that leads me to Believe that he still feels responsable for what happened ( it was partially his fault, he saw the red flags and did nothing). This lack of communication is starting to bother me to be honest, I'm not expecting Fukuda to hold Ashito's hand all the way to senior team, or for him to act like his father. But in a personal level I expected him to coach Ashito out of that dangerous mindset. But that's just my interpretation... The other first years trying to catch up was inspiring :3
PD THANKS for the chapter!

Power Uploader
@JackRipper7
but unless you try to face the problem yourself in real match
that is usually the case but it doesn't apply in this situation because he himself said that it would induce him to go back to the same problematic state he was in prior to the funabashi match. there has to be a fundamental change to a part of his game/overall mindset for him to find footing in trying to resolve the problem. why go at the same problem and just fail again when you haven't come up with a means to tackle it yet? that's a guaranteed way to fall flat on your face.

he also admits his desire to play at the end of the chapter
is he supposed to feel so traumatized that he doesn't want to play anymore? his love for the game manifested in wanting to play is one of the reasons why he wants to resolve it. he can both feel that wants to play and he's not yet ready both at the same time.

@lisaisa
my interpretation is this was something Fukuda was unable to resolve himself within his playing career so he can't help ashito through it. his career was already cut short before he could do some sort of 180. or maybe it's simply because ashito is faced with a problem that only he himself can resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread