Ao Ashi - Vol. 8 Ch. 78 - Two Instructions

Thanks for the TL note. Though interesting, Japanese sounds complicated lol

Fed-Kun's army
To be honest I don't watch football, so can anyone tell me whether instructing others verbally on the field is done in real life too? Or is there other method?

Let's say that that is done through eye contact and gesture. If Ashito were to be made to be a playmaker, I think everyone around his position need to take a glance on him similar to how Ashito turn his head constantly, to make sure that they get Ashito's play direction.

Is this a correct assumption?

Fed-Kun's army
@Petrichormus players and coaches are free to give instructions verbally on the midfield. Of course, gestures and eye contact also a viable way to communicate

Power Uploader
@Petrichormus
if you were to watch/play any team game like basketball or football, a very important aspect of defense is communication. it's probably harder in football but in basketball, you can hear players shouting defensive coverages or what play the opponent is trying to run all the time on TV even if they're not mic'd up.
https://youtu.be/Bs5lwSIYKmU?t=89

on offense, yeah, you probably don't need to communicate a lot since you're running things that you did in practice but for defense, you're reacting to what the opponent is giving you. your team is going to get killed if you're all not on the same page. the fastest way to be on that same page is to shout at each other while the opponent's plays are developing. as a player who switched from offense to defense, this is an aspect that Ashito overlooked and his defender teammates forgot to mention since it's so obvious to them.

@Petrichormus
Usually 1 player handled the defense line and the other adjusted. To be frank, that role should be Takeshima role, but maybe because this manga want to emphasizes Aoi's vision, Aoi take a lead instead.

most interesting sight in recent weeks is Chelsea players shout to Kepa because he is not claim the cross :))))

Fed-Kun's army
@Duckiedoggo

Oh what I meant was between players. Thanks btw

@gintamacountry

Oh so saying fairly sized sentence isn't something unique in football manga, but also done for good measure in real life. That's dope. Everytime I saw match in TV (which i rarely do) i wonder how the hell do you communicate because the field is just so big and dynamic.

So is my assumption in my previous comment correct? That if Ashito were made to be a fullback playmaker, his teammates must look at ashito more oftenly. Ootomo for example, moved on his own and Ashito couldn't get through him because ootomo didn't try to glance on ashito. Thankfully, Capt Yoshitsune realized this, maybe because of his experience idk.

What i mean is although ashito is the playmaker, his teammate must acknowledge that fact to fully realize the potential. This makes the strategy more centralized than I thought it would. I wonder if there's a shortcoming for this kind of strategy?

Thanks.

Power Uploader
@Petrichormus
Maybe? I mean, some of them already defer to him whenever his mind starts ticking and he's constructing plays like in v6 with asari and kuroda or on defense with otomo in this match. someone already mentioned this in the comments on a previous chapter but ashito's never had teammates who have a solid foundation of technique and theory who are able to think through decisions made on the pitch. now, his true abilities as a playmaker are blossoming as he has the talent and minds around him who he can communicate the game with. he automatically earns the respect of those who see his value. i.e. yuuma, kuribayashi, togashi, otomo and even yoshitsune in this chapter. maybe he turns into a player who can orchestrate his team on offense/defense. maybe he doesn't need to have control of all 10 of his other teammates out there. he's already shown to be effective by just directing whoever's relevant in situations on both ends.

this is soooo exciting thank u so much for all ur hard work!!!

Fed-Kun's army
@Petrichormus yeah, what I meant are players to players, and coaches to players. Both are using verbal instructions

And yes, defense line get to communicate the most. Midfielders, especially playmakers mostly use gestures or their own vision to prevent the attack getting noticed

Users who are viewing this thread