Ao no Flag - Vol. 6 Ch. 36

jak

Contributor
I get she wants to be with her best friend, but she should prioritize her boyfriend over her best friend, yet she seems to be more concerned about Masumi because she lists her first.

I think prioritizing their careers will potentially be better for both of them, as it ensures a better financial future for them, if they still do end up together. While Yorkie came off as a bit too judgemental of the mains' relationship, he has a good point. If they did not pass the trial of time and distance, then their love for each other may not be that deep anyway, considering they're still immature. Then again, 5 cm/s may apply to any relationships, even to those with a genuinely strong bond.

Contributor
I get that they're afraid of being apart, and that sharing the same physical space is important for maintaining a relationship, but I honestly can't feel that bad for them when they would only live a couple hours away from each other. Maybe it's a cultural thing, since we're used to having more space between us, but I'm still fairly close to my friends back home even though I'm going to school around half a day away. Heck, even closer than some of my friends at school, because they're in different departments or have graduated and I never fucking see them anymore. The power of gachas keep us together. The good thing about technology and instant messaging apps are that I can text a friend I hadn't talked to in a month and be like "DOOOOOOD WHAT DID YOU GET FROM THE EVENT? CAUSE I GOT TRASH" and it'd be completely natural. So if a friendship built almost exclusively off of gachas can survive, I think something stronger definitely can too

I'm still friends with some of my grade school friends, but once you get older and settled into your career or family or what have you, these kinds of ties become more tenuous. It takes a lot of effort to keep up. Technology is good, but so is face time. Saike & stilgar got it.

Dex-chan lover
Admittedly, in real life most high school relationships don't last all that long and so making major decisions about your career based on whether you'll be at the same place with that person is not going to be the best idea. But while you're actually in love it's rather tough to entertain this concept, realistic as it might be.
On the other hand, if you want to be really cynical, in our current era most decisions about education are not going to result in the great career you had planned anyway. Unless you're so rich or so incredibly scholarship-smart that you can get into one of the Very Top Prestigious Places that basically guarantee great jobs if you made any contacts at all, you have a good chance of ending up flipping burgers with a PhD in your pocket and student debt a mile high. Given which, if you're screwed either way why not go where your love is going?

@Purplelibraryguy
That's... an interesting way to look at it. Maybe we should think on a deeper level next time, before we throw away important things for self-security, huh? Then again, I suppose you should also weigh whether your love for the other person is true or not, and if it is mutual if yes.

Dex-chan lover
From my perspective the best choice for Futaba is to go to the university that has the program and course she wants. There are almost no negatives. For Taichi. Suck it up and make an effort to travel between campuses.

Dex-chan lover
Went from romance to like direction really quick. PurpleLibraryGuy pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one

Dex-chan lover
Damn u guys talking about the career and collage part... and here i am wanting to say how the last quote was the harshest thing i know in this life and agrees... and ceiye friendship and relationship is 2 different things... if u talking about love u dont just think about company... u dont want to be hugging your friends... just want to point out how a love relationship is alot more specific and deeper than friend friendship... physical touch... seeing what and how your partner is really doing... to feeling secure and such...

Group Leader
@Ceiye Nagoya (where Meidai University is) and Hokkaido are actually about an 11 hour train ride apart, so they would be fairly far away from each other (although more manageable than a lot of long distance relationships considering they're still in the same country).

Group Leader
OHHHH I LOVE IT!!! It's not just about Taichi choosing between best friend or lover. Or Touma and Masumi deciding whether they have the courage to step out of the BF box to be considered as a romantic interest. We have Futaba also going through her own crisis in that aspect =w=.

Users who are viewing this thread