Ao no Flag

I, actually really satisfied with the ending. It was a surprise for sure but I think it was executed really well and drove home the point of how everything is a choice and even when you make a choice to go down a certain path, that doesn’t mean 5 years later you’ll still be walking the same path. The art is also great and I think this is one of my fav understated stories in quite a while.

Also it showed how the choices made by each characte ended up influencing their future like
how taichi chose kuze but they still broke up 2 years later, which is realistic because a lot of high school couples don’t last out of high school. Not to mention they ended up wanting different things and going to different universities which could also have contributed in the growing distance and things not working out.

Touma’s decision to tell taichi how he felt meant that taichi knew what touma thought of him and he had a choice to swing the other way with him if he wanted.

Meanwhile, masumi’s decision not to tell kuze meant that kuze will never see her as more than a friend which still ended well for them, just different.

Great manga! It was all very sincere and grounded to the point where my eyes just couldn't stop crying from all the yearning. I really liked that they didn’t shy away from presenting different povs on different topics, and it made me reflect on my own opinions on things. People have said more eloquent things down below, but this manga hurt to read in a good way. I highly encourage everyone to read it, you’re bound to pick up something from this along the way.

Lastly I stan taichi, my bi king 😩

This is one of my favorites mangas. The characters are so well developed and their synergy is so real. And the way the Feels are conveyed so perfectly and beautifully amazes and engages me.

Aggregator gang
I read until chapter 32 a few years back and waiting for it to finish. Then thought it's finished so let's read it, but not sure if I should say thank god I read the comment section before wasting my time. I won't be reading further anymore, like if you wanna write a bisexual manga go for it, but after reading over half this series length you introduce the idea of the character change in sexual preference as years go by or some time frame in the future, sure it's possible but fuck that. I read most of the ''flowery comments'' & how grounded it is on realism & oh so sincere story or what great message is presented to us LOL.

The art is good and the story flow/character was also good. Would recommend & not recommend it at the same time. Choose your poison. I would rather read some depressing manga than finish this with that ending. Peace.

Even with all my brainpower i wouldn’t have thought of an epilogue as bad as this, holy crap. An advice if you are gonna read it, stop at chapter 53, 54 dumps on everything that happened during the rest of the manga.

Yo can some one fucking tell me if the mangaka got kidnapped and was forced to write after the epilogue. Holy shit this was a god like manga please if you read stop at like 53, you read after you completely hate the manga. The end makes 0 sense literally there is 0 debate. You cannot make a argument on how the end makes sense. Nothing is like the characters, it’s honestly the worst manga ending it spoiled the whole journey.

Had some pacing issues in the middle, but was still enjoyable and sincere. Then pacing got infinitely worse in the last 2 chapters. Just don't read those and pretend it ended at 52.

Pretty enjoyable, solid 8/10 if not for the ending which felt rushed and out of nowhere for me

amazing read from beginning to end. I really liked the final, as painfull as it was, it did fit the overall style of the story.

I dont know why everyones shitting on Ch 54? Like, I thought it was a good vignette into everyones ending, but mainly the main quartet.
Like, we've established and completed the conflict in 53, and like 54 just cements the well established foreshadowing and plot points.
I think 54 was good, and reader, if you havent read the manga yet, you should read it and make a judgement for yourself.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the shounen ai tag should be removed, since only the last chapter is where the boys got tgt. but the rest of the series were not, it would be baiting people looking for shounen ai stuff and kinda give away the ending to new peeps

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I am surprised with the number of people who actually hated the ending. I, on the other hand, actually extremely pleased with the ending. It sure surprised me but its like a pleasant surprise, like getting a Christmas present that you always wanted.

Double-page supporter
hey what's with the missing chapters just when it's getting closer to the climax I can't sleep like this

Heads up to anyone looking to read this: Mangadex will link you to the publishers site to read this, which inexplicably has the first three chapters and the last three. Don't be like me and mindlessly click through, and then finish it and wonder why the ending didn't make sense and it felt so short. Shame, what I got was really cute, I'm mad I got cheated out of actually reading it.
My only hope is that my memory of what happens gets hazy enough that I can reread in its entirety and enjoy it. Don't make my mistake.

I actually love this a lot.

I'm still not sure what to feel about the ending because everything feels so fast, but I there might be some foreshadowing that I didn't catch when I read it.

The ending aside, the story is nice and made me rethink about life, choices, the importance of others, and many other things.

Also, I like Futaba. She might think too little of herself, but she's a sweet and strong girl.

I love this with all my heart and I loved the ending, but I hated so much that way of telling it, like the character is speaking to you. Makes me feel uncomfortable and feels like something is missing. Am I the only one? XD I don't want to feel like the character is speaking to me (it honestly felt like roleplay) specially at such an important part, we should be able to enjoy whatever conclusion the author has in its full, and not missing one character... I don't know, it felt so anticlimatic for such an awesome series and such a needed ending.

not a fan of the ending to be honest, if its your first time reading it i would read the first 10 or so pages of the end cause they were decent then don't read the rest of the last chapter. Most of the story was entertaining though

Great read! I loved all the suttle hints that kinda lead you to guessing who Taichi will end up with.

I'm not a fan of the ending, the realistic route of "they went their separate ways for no particularly interesting reason so we won't show it but she ends up with someone else" is just too depressing for me. And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum the mc just kinda turns gay so that a ship can sail? Idk just not a personal fan of the ending but there are a lot of great manga with bad endings and I still really liked the story so I'd say it's mostly good.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread