April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporter
@Yuraine
I needed to check the comments to make sure it's finally safe for my broken heart to read the chapter. Now I can go read it. #April-Fool's #never-forget

I know your trying to be nice and I bet you put a lot of hard work on this, but there is no need to translate this chapter.
It's very rude to the team that beautifully translate this webtoon and work their ass off for free. Especially when you consider how much they dislike people translating their projects when they already started and they could easily drop this one - which would be pity for everyone who loves this webtoon. Also, it was harmless and funny prank of April's Fool and a nice time for the team to have fun and really don't deserve this reaction.

Group Leader
daily reminder that nobody owns any project and if someone wants to translate something, they're free to do so. Competition is always welcome.

Aggregator gang
and once again i remind you canaria that YOU CHANGED THE FLOW OF THE STORY FROM THE FREAKING BEGINNING!!!!

@irmaars21 Even if it might be rude to the scanlation group, the user who uploaded this (@Kepki) could feel it was far more rude to upload 3 (THREE) April Fools "chapters" that provided nothing but annoyance. Which do you think was worse? As a reader, I find the scanlator group's offense much worse, and you'll find most people will at least appreciate Kepki's work.

And as @KebabRemover says, it's not like the scanlator group owns any rights to the series, beyond a mutual understanding among fellow pirates. It might be something else, if they actually had a license to the series, and paid the authors/publishers for the rights.

Double-page supporter
3 fake uploads in one day is not a harmless prank. It hurts their reputation and trust. And generates disappointment in the readers.

your april fools joke was way better because it caught us off guard thru the end , not some random mspaint edit that hurts the eyes

you got our expectations

Bravo!! The chapter was lovely and it made my day. It almost makes up for the pranks. Kepki is the best!!

Dex-chan lover
"She said she'd make me a cape"
Yeah, she will skin you and make YOU the cape.

Dex-chan lover
Scanlation "ethical practices" is a myth spread around so that they can take series hostage for ad clicks, donations and patreons. This is VERY prevalent on korean and chinese webcomics scanlations.
Snipe, snipe all the way. It's the only way these poor titles that are forever backlogged in chapters can ever catch up to the raws.

Dex-chan lover
@Rockdrop
You deserve a thousand upvotes for that but also five hundred downvotes for advocating sniping since great scanlators like shurim can never even fanthom competiong with snipers.
So you get 500 internet bucks. Spend them well!

Dex-chan lover
As they said before... The only owners of this series are the copyright owners. The translators are just random people who offer a service we enjoy, and competition is always healthy to have quality services

thank you kepki!

In fairness to the scanlator, the April fools joke was in good humour but I just didn't like it too.

G

@irmaars21 I acknowledged that this is definitely not scanlation-group quality. If you don't want to read it, then don't. Maybe I should have made the note on the first page bigger, that's my bad.

And after going through just one chapter, I can see that it's tiring and frustrating, and it does take a lot of dedication to do this for free. Nonetheless, I don't think it's right to dangle a carrot in front of their readers like that (3 times? I thought it was only 2). And if this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, amongst the stories of death threats I hear others getting when they don't release fast enough, then the accumulation of negative feedback will have been the cause for the drop, regardless of my upload.

edit: also, aw shucks guys 😚

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread