April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@AnonymousCat Here's some more background to the chapter delays. LLS has been planning to do chapter delays for a while now (if you were a part of our server you would've known that we put out a survey to our readers if they would be okay with chapter delays if we were to implement a leveling system for "rewards" such as early access chapters, chapter previews, access to our scripts, etc). So it wasn't intended to be a punishment to our readers but rather an evident cause to go ahead with the chapter delay. Furthermore, when I said "reasonable delay" I was speaking of the delay time (ex: 2 day delay etc).

Fed-Kun's army
Jeez I wonder how comic artists feel with their week’s worth of actually really difficult work going to waste and getting “sniped” by translation groups.

Your work in itself is dishonourable and the entire no sniping aspect of scanlation for the sake of protecting your “hard work” makes no sense because the entire scanlation industry steals from the person who works the hardest of all: the artist.

I too am a participant so I will never complain if I don’t get scans or if a series get licensed or if a group decides to withold their releases forever. I am not on a higher horse than any of you.

But the fact that y’all are complaining because you aren’t shown the same “respect” that none of us, NONE of us save for scanlators who specifically ask the artist directly if it is okay to translate the work, has shown the author of this comic.

That is what I truly call entitled.

@itsmae fair enough, thank you for the clarification.
I was going by a prior post in this thread claiming it was a punishment, please forgive my misunderstanding.

Thanks for the update! ...is what I'd like to say, but can you actually take this down? 😅

I know you had good intentions and you're doing this for us leechers who were 'pranked' yesterday but...

It was an April Fools joke made for fun, while yes it was a bit annoying, it was harmless, and releasing this, along with the note you made at the beginning is really disrespectful and kind of the equivalent of spitting in the face of the original scanlator group.

I know that they do this for free, and they don't owe us anything (vice-versa as well), but I think the ability to take a joke and just be patient for the actual release a few days later is the least we can do.

Double-page supporter
I believe most people annoyed with the fake releases are annoyed at them over all stories not just this one. Add to the fact that it was Done twice, with the second claiming to be the real one. (technically three times though I won't count it here because it was someone else) There are some groups that do post the fake one then later post the real one on the same day. Getting hit with it twice would sting for those who were already annoyed with it the first time.

Just because you find a joke funny doesn't mean everyone will and some of them will be upset. For many the joke has run out. Getting hit with the same type of joke year after year can make a joke not fun any more and just plain frustrating, especially since there are real releases being put up too. This isn't not being able to take a joke, this is getting burnt out on a joke.

Double-page supporter
@itsmae "Intended punishment" or not you're still making me go to some crappy wordpress website or fill my discord with nonsense and more servers. What an absolute waste of time. Any group that does that I just stop reading their stuff. Its like if someone made a video and put it on vimeo and delayed youtube a week. No one wants to go to vimeo.

Cries internally.

What I get for thinking "Oh, they post upload to mangadex. No need to follow their discord!"
spam opens all invites to all server

Dex-chan lover
Actual thanks for translation, ignore the drama igniters. April fools was annoying to say the least.
Drama is dumb and damaging and gets nothing done. It's all waste of time, people just want to stroke their ego.
Yeah scanliters do great job of translating great manga, I'm always thankful for that. As well as for multiple other fan projects for other media. But at times they get to act dumb for hardly any reason but just to throw a tantrum.
65% forever and ever

Drama between people who supposedly love same thing is pretty sad. Use that energy for something productive.

Group Leader
@ryou While I understand why you would not want to go to a wordpress or any other website to read this series, delays are just delays. It will be out on mangadex after the delay.

@kepki I’m positive you didn’t have bad intentions. Thank you for your effort for everyone.
It sucks that you got sucked into the drama bog but it will dry out by morning/tomorrow/tonight.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
As the actual April Fool's release has already been taken down, locking this thread. Enough drama llamas, kthnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread