April Fool's Collection 2024 - Ch. 16.1 - An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me!

Dex-chan lover
I don't get this mindset lol. Just because something is free doesn't mean we can't voice what we don't like about it. I am grateful for the fact we get to read this manga at all, I am not saying they don't put in effort nor am I saying that their translation suck. Still doesn't make delaying a chapter for a day a funny joke. If the only reason you are playing along with this joke is because you are afraid your manga will be taken away from you if you don't, then maybe it's not that funny to begin with. If you are playing along because it is "fun", then surely you would agree having the actual chapter drop before or after this one by an hour or something wouldn't affect your fun at all.
I disagree, I think it’s fun and the joke only works cause the actual chapter isn’t out yet. Taking advantage of that expectation to drop the joke chapter is the fun of April fools.

It’s also very valid that people are bringing up that the translators do this for free because it’s not about them holding us to ransom, but having fun with the work that they are doing at their own expense.

They have no obligation to do this so they have the freedom to play around with it. If this was an official release then you would be able to hold them to some kind of expectation.

People just get too wound up over things they have no real stake in and can’t accept the slightest bit of fun.

Contributor
I might not actually understand the dialog, but I think I'll skip this particular joke to avoid getting spoiled at least for the visuals for the next chapter. I feel like if I go through this, that would be slightly similar to just me skimming through the raws and getting spoiled, visually. Maybe I'll check back once the legit next chapter is out.

Group Leader
Not bad, a mix of the old and the new.
Couldn't understand what his father was saying though, so I'll give this one a 4 out of 7.

When will you post the normal version?

Thanks for taking part in this event.

Dex-chan lover
why does this chap just feel like an unfortunate foreshadowing of what the manga industry may actually look like, in lessay, 10 years or so?

"FR FR we need to rizzler it up in my backyard, down the hatch, straight into the my baby bedroom.
No Cap, mum dads, just jizz it up with some jazz."

Users who are viewing this thread