Araburu Kisetsu no Otomedomo yo. - Vol. 5 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
This. This is not a boring manga. I like this.
I don't think I can definitively say whether Sugawara "likes" Izumi or not. Her twisted sense of youth vs adulthood comes from the director, as well as her fear of rejection. While it may seem that she has steeled herself over time being the subject of envy and hatred from her female peers, she's still a kid inside.
Like I've said before on a previous chapter, despite her character being the cool and mature archetype, she's anything but. On that note, our main character is the one who's matured the most out of the bunch, as cliche as that sounds.
But anyway, back to Sugawara and Izumi. The first reason why Sugawara may have developed chemistry for Izumi is because he's close by and convenient. Secondly, he's taken, in the sense that seducing him will lead to hurting another party, in this case, Kazusa. Once again referring to a point I've made in the past: at the same time she acquired her fear of rejection, she also developed a "thing" for taken/unavailable men. This is a common pattern in psychology in regards to finding a partner, usually stems from childhood/past traumas.
And so what better subject to latch onto than Izumi: he's good looking, pretty popular himself, kind, has normal hobbies, etc. but more importantly, who is also likely in love with her friend and vice versa. Their very hesitation in coming together is what initially drove Sugawara to play match-making god and interfere, but her internal complexes and issues got the better of her and now she can't control her newfound feelings for Izumi
However, whether it's just lust, a stolen possession fetish, love, or a combination of these things, I can't say for certain yet.
But it certainly piques my interest! I just love analyzing these things.
Japan's inherent culture of "reading between the lines" or "reading the atmosphere" is so ingrained in their works of fiction, especially when it comes to romance and sexuality.

The more I read this the more I am disliking how it is turning out.

Fed-Kun's army
@Panino
I wasn’t talking about Niina and her weird teacher, I get his intentions and everything so I can get past that without being super disgusted. I was talking about Niina and her interactions with Izumi (I think that’s his name?) and how weird that’s becoming. First she does the whole flirty thing as means to be a matchmaker/push Kazusa into confessing in fear of Niina stealing him away but there’s definitely different ways to do so. Then she’s suddenly catching feelings for him and letting him catch feelings for her? Maybe I’m just not into it because love triangles kinda suck and Niina is already a pretty complex character, or at least she is to me.

Dex-chan lover
@mootmar
She is in "that age", and she really didn't had interactions like those for real till now, right? And he became one rare male friend with whom she can interacts normally, it's not unexpected.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. Guess she really was a bitch. Ye she's complex and less annoying than childhood girl but holy shit is she a POS if she does something to sabotage her friend (whom she "helped" realize her feelings for said boy she has "feelings" for now).

I can't wait to see her fall.

Double-page supporter
Reading it in english is really something. I read the raw up to the latest chapter(29) and I don't even know if I understand everything right(still did my best to translate it) . But one thing is for sure, it's taking the NTR path.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
@megaeraerin
Not exactly NTR, but Mari Okada tends to take the romance and adds a good dash of melodrama to it during the second half of her works, which incidentally takes up that entire half to even work out, so we either end up having some love triangles or even a love dodecahedron. Hell, sometimes it's both.

From what I know, the main girl usually wins from her works, so why she even does this is beyond me.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm a sucker for childhood friendship relationships, so I'm rooting for MC and Izumi.... I really don't know how to feel about Niina. I liked her at first bc she was helping MC be more assertive with her feelings, but now I'm like eehhh.. after this chapter.... .. ... .
Izumi... pls don't let me down....... 😭

Dex-chan lover
I would've liked it better if the guy interested in the lesbian girl wasn't such an enormous douche bag, it would've felt more natural if she had come to understand her sexuality normally, instead the mangaka did the novice move of making the opposite sex so shit that even a straight girl would get repulsed

Dex-chan lover
People be mad but I only care about the teacher student ship

@Darklight99 I actually agree with this if he was a nice guy then she won't turn yuri

Ahh, this one is a rollercoaster for sure. I do hope that MC and Izumi end up together. I love all this drama- love triangles aren’t my thing but they always give me these weird shivers. I guess that’s just the magic haha

I think Sugawara's "interest" in Izumi is centered on her vying for Saegusa's attention so she doesn't become a "boring woman". If the reading is right then I like this a lot.. but I'm not a huge fan of the Amagi misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread