Arafoo Shachiku no Golem Master

The art is meh and the story is cliche, but if you want a fix for your isekai needs. It's not a bad one. It definitely scratches the need.

Contributor
Novel cover art see for yourself the art difference:
WzZCJ1o.jpg
See that? The novel illustrator knows what a elf is. Shame on you Yoshizawa Megane.

Dex-chan lover
I have learnt that the universe of this manga has a lot of assholes. Like seriously, we haven’t met much decent people

@Izaya_Onisai you know what...you’re right. The bestest type of correct. But at least both drew really good Stellas

Fed-Kun's army
why the low rating though... this is more decent than those isekai manga that is focused to entertain to your dick head or your simp-ish tendencies

the art style is terrible and the artist really has trouble drawing faces with emotions

I know there's gonna be a mix of either happyness or anger, but I'm actually glad it ended this way with Stella.
She was a nice character, but bringing her long when you can't trust her is a fools errand. I like that the mangaka had the will to write "Well, we won't help her but, she can go."
A fair ending that doesn't pander to either group.

Probably helps my IRL life was the same as the MC (minus a hundred pounds or so), so I get where he's coming from. People are scum. Especially do-nothing 'intermediate" bosses.

Dex-chan lover
skills pop out of the woodwork with this guy
i've never seen it this blatant up unitl now

SGR

Dex-chan lover
Don't fear the rating - this is a half-decent isekai.
+ Relatively unique details etched on top of a run-of-the-mill isekai
+ Jokes that usually land (yes, that is a surprising quality in a manga)
+ A protagonist that has more than one dimension and is NOT a highschooler
+ Both the edginess and lewdness are finely dosed (notice the lack of both the ecchi and gore tags) but still pronounced
+ Occasionally subverts expectations and tropes
+/- Plot moves forward FAST - faster than usual in a manga
- In fact it moves so fast, that you can see where there are stitches made over the plot skips - sometimes those are painful stitches
- Art is serviceable at best, so the story has to carry more weight than it reasonably could
- It is clearly heading the WRONG way right now (chapter 13-14)

In summary: Isekai that are under rating 7 are usually far more trashy than this. If you can take a 7.5 without cringing - you can take this one too.

Contributor
There are things I like about this and things I want to complain about in this, but neither emphatically. Entertaining enough to read on a slow day, while being only somewhat offensive. I'll probably read more later, but I would never actually recommend this to anyone.

The author seemed to want to say something about the protagonist having trust issues because of his background in corporate slavery, but it's addressed too inconsistently for me to feel like it's really part of the character; instead it just feels like it randomly got a little edgy at one point (so far) and then moved on. A pity, because that could actually set this apart a bit if it were to be implemented well.

Users who are viewing this thread