Ariadne in the Blue Sky

selling out or not Claymore was epic and wouldn't mind Reading it again. This Author is fecking great. One of the best comedy manga and one of the best Berserk level Manga . what else can you ask 🥰🥰🥰

Double-page supporter
Well, just caught up. Manga definitely more or less grew on me, especially when things started (kinda) to come together more. Worth it for Lululola alone.

Double-page supporter
Lacile is overpowered beyond reason and beats the strongest knights effortlessly even 1 vs 5 and Leana is the Damsell in Distress nonstop, which completely kills any sense of danger the story trys to establish over and over. The authors name kinda just carrys the series, but the writing here is rushed and pretty bad personally.

@Telenometry I mean the protagonists here looks like a complete copy of Clare+Raki and he even has the scar over his eye. Just here Clare is the Damsel in Distress nonstop instead and Raki is the protector on a powerfantasy trip.

@Zero13

Lacile is overpowered? I can already discredit your inaccurate opinion because he's on the lower end of shonen MCs on a power scale. He's the third strongest person in his group and has lost more than he has won lately. And Leana the damsel in distress? If it wasn't for her, lacile wouldn't even be alive in the first place.

If you don't like the manga it's okay, but don't make up falsehoods to try to justify your opionion.

Double-page supporter
@Telenometry Like said i dropped it at chapter 10 when he beat the 5 knights send after him low dif just with his fists after Leana was kidnapped and in need of saving aka Damsel in Distress, which happened like 3+ times in 10 chaps and the super horrid comedy attempt of spank your butt pff.

It doesnt matter if hes the lower end of shonen MCs in general when in the manga here he has his Photon blast that instantly can annhilate groups of robos no problem and even without it he stomps the trained knights without any issue 1 vs 5 and we just started the story.

Again its obvious you love the author and thats why you try to nitpick. Tho theres no use acting like the mc designs arent Leana=Clare and Lacile=Raki, because thats just so obvious as hell. You said its not claymore 2.0 and not selling out, but it literally rips off the previous works mc for Nostalgias Sake. I mean at least Design a new starting cast, if you make a new series and dont depend on the 1 series that you had that was moderatly popular lol.

@Zero13

I think it's obvious that you love to hate the manga since two ratings of 1 came in right after I replied to you. So you're definitely a troll who can't see past surface level. I'm not even going to entertain that absurd wall of text

Wayyyyy too many people sleeping on this series. Everyone should check it out. It's got an old school classic feel without being too generic. Great twists as well

Double-page supporter
@Telenometry Rated it a 5, because its just average for me after 10 chaps, but good to know that you are such a fanboy of the author that you even keep track of ratings. Even tho Mangadex ratings are literally a terrible measurement seeing the rating of most villianess and yuri/yaoi series.

1s is for stuff like Mushoku Tensei, which has child molestation and other crazy crap that makes you ashamed to read manga in the 1st chaps, but gets paraded as amazing by alot of weebs. Shit like that is actually appalling.

Group Leader
Gotta ask. I have read claymore (one of my favourites) and saw that this had the same author. But the comments said it was too generic and when I asked if there was any romance, someone said barely. So let me ask again. How good is the story compared to claymore and is there any romance between the male mc(lacile was it) and the female mc(Leana)

@Zero13.... how about comparing the rating with the series in the same genre/tag? I find that more useful for me, since people who like one series usually read the other series with that genre/tag, thus since you have similar group of people rating it, the rating is more meaningful. Well... since this is ongoing series, the statistics is more complicated than that since you have to account the effect of previous chapter for the current chapter too...

It's just that the analogy that fit is that people need to compare apple to apple instead apple to orange. So if you read highly rated yaoi manga, the readers are already different group than those who read series like claymore.

Double-page supporter
@Miku39
Eh you went past my point. Just said rankings on this site are often nonsense and alot of the time just massvoted, so why would he pay such close attention to it.

I usually just go by sales if something is worth it personally. Theres of course some outliers, but for the most its accurate to see if somethings well done in some way, even if its just art.

I think the people here in the comments are comparing this series too much to Claymore and are quick to pass it off as it were some generic shounen that you read up in anything published by Shueisha's Shounen Jump Magazine. Guys, it's anything but generic and deserves a little bit more praise than you think. If we place the Shounen genre or a manga targeted to the teenager demographic nowadays, you'd be placing the generic titles under Shounen Jump series or those god awfully redundant Isekai trash that gets so overrated in this site too much.

This series stands out from the rest, departing from the classical Tolkien-inspired Medieval Fantasy that has been so overused to the point that authors have begun pulling ideas from their asses without much thought. Ariadne in the Blue Sky is much different and although there are swords and "magic" the series is clearly one in Science Fantasy, which I haven't seen too often in Shounen manga. It's why you have guns, robots, bazookas, and modern cities in the series. Having read mangas since 2013, I can say for sure that this series does a lot of things well and each arc has a lot of fresh ideas and new scenery to enjoy. If things feel too childish and has lotta videogame elements present, well it's mean for teenage kids, what did ya expect? One thing's for sure, its not mediocre in anyway.

You can expect an author to write a story targeted for teens to be filled with deep life lessons and philosophical themes and gore like Claymore, Berserk or Attack on Titan (which is an exception).

Dex-chan lover
Part of the problem is that this manga hasn't brought enough new things to the table and it's dragging along. There's been too many battle scenes as of late and they're just tedious to read through. it is a better than average shounen but it still suffers from all of the usual flaws your generic shounen has.

EVERYTHING THIS GUY CREATE IS AWESOME! LOL This manga is so fun!
"I'm lululola, queen of the forest, master of the spirits of earth, wind and water, the greatest..." "ok lulu, follow me" "EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH?! DON'T CALL ME LULU!!!!"

EVERYTHING THIS GUY CREATE IS AWESOME! LOL This manga is so fun!
"I'm lululola, queen of the forest, master of the spirits of earth, wind and water, the greatest..." "ok lulu, follow me" "EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH?! DON'T CALL ME LULU!!!!"
"She disappeared?? The weight of her boobs made her weak?" "Where's white boobs at?!"

This mangaka's only weakness is that he sucks at drawing men faces and beards. But who cares about the drawings? Much better than those pretty mangas full of details where you can't see anything during action scenes and takes 6 months for one chapter to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread