Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Despair

Dex-chan lover
This is about where I left off the last time I read this. There weren't any more chapters available yet, I wasn't using Mangadex yet. Mangahere, for the tsukkomi function. Between (still) complaining about the tsukkomi wipe of 2015 or so, everyone was just covering every page of this in bad jokes about how edgy it is and how they were getting cuts from reading it

He went full crazy, too bad he wasn't a little bit more crazy later on as well, in future chapters.

Anyway, I actually hate it when they want to go home, it's not as if I can't understand it and that in the same situation, I would probably want to go home as well, who wouldn't? But I want them to just abandon earth and stop claiming that they want to go home all the time. I feel like it interferes with stories like this.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
You know why you don't want to start with all your skills set to 100? No room to grow, evolve to adapt. All that experience, all that determination and survival instincts are ripped from you and you are left thinking you are more powerful than you really are. That's why this is our MC, because the weakest member has the best space to grow.

Aggregator gang
Mc is like the girl wanted to protect me...no! Fuck her ~hmm is that rhetorical or is that a promise?

Who could have guessed an indefinite timespan in immense pain, hunger, and sensory deprivation could drive an optimistic isekai character insane?

Double-page supporter
feels like im watching a modern DC movie in manga form.

Its so visually messy and I cant see shit whats going on

@SotiCoto nah just means artist cant draw if hes gonna chicken scratch like a gradeschooler

Wow that guy is a cunt, he tried to kill Nagumo just because he was friends with Kaori. killing your crush’s friend and being an asshole would have the opposite effect of what he wants. And if he gets caught 1. His class would disown him and separate him from themselves (if he wouldn’t get executed/imprisoned by the law) 2. His crush would despise him like fucking hate/murder him 3. And he happens to still be alive (which he is) he will fucking hate/murder. So I think he tried to kill him without much thought into what would happen a... on the spot decision if you will.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, so soon and I'm already about to drop...
Let's see, I'm all for an OP mc, but this is just random. What does Transmute do? Manipulate stuff into other stuff? So he made the lance...out of earth/rock? How? He was weak literally 2 seconds before. And even after creating it, wouldn't you day a fricking OP giant wolf (bear?) can dodge it a few times and bite his head off?
Cause that's another one, I guess I see why you guys like the "dark" art style, even if it's not my cup of tea (and too goory) but this is just confusing. At points I can't even understand the panel...

@NizzBizz You sweet thing. You think morons and bullies (who are essentially a type of moron) understand logic and common sense.
How I envy your life...

Haha wtf this is fun but the story is pretty shit rn... the edginess is cool and shit but it could’ve been done a lot better. Like why did my boy have to turn into kaneki? It’s like Tokyo ghoul edginess but worse and rushed.

Ok, so why is this dude now able to beat this crazy rabbit and bear? Weren't they supposed to be too strong? Also, the art is just too messy now, to the point where it's hard to see. Between this and the anime, I prefer this but not as much as before. What made the author want to make him exactly like kaneki? It doesn't make sense for him to have changed like that. This entire series seems to be a mess. I still plan on reading the rest though.

Users who are viewing this thread