Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - New Powers

dropped it the moment i saw the gun. i would've kept reading if it was something more "logical" like a knife, axe or spear. since all you need is a sharp edge. but a guy with only one damn arm is able to make a revolver? lol yeaaah. in my book guns are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to usage difficulty. i would've been a fan if he clawed his way up..the beginning chapters did just that showing us the crap he went through but they just have to ruin it with an easy mode weapon.

Dex-chan lover
I like the beginning of this manga, but everything after this chapter goes downhill in my opinion. I agree with kanaloa that he should've gone for a more "logical" weapon. How does he know how to make a gun in the first place? How did he know how to make it work with magic? He most likely doesn't have any experience in making guns. Another gripe is how fast everything goes later, it skips so much, I want the character to struggle, to suffer, he just blasts away his problems.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m not actually too opposed to the revolver, because it’s not actually a real gun.

As stated in the manga, it’s basically a tube that has a rotating cylinder on one end and a handle. He uses his electricity magic to ignite the explosive powder stored in the simple bullet and to also speed up the bullet as it exits the tube. It doesn’t have any sort of mechanic to ignite the powder.

He has the ability to freely shape inanimate materials, so he basically just takes the strongest materials he can find to shape them into something he can use.

Group Leader
Gotta say, I think this manga... might have jumped the gun. 😎
Really though, it jumped the shark.

I don't understand the hate on the gun. It's actually really logical. They just didn't wanna spend 15 chapters in the starting area as some isekai are guilty of...

Someone playing Androxus (from paladins) too much. The way he holds the gun plus air walk.

Dex-chan lover
but a guy with only one damn arm is able to make a revolver? lol yeaaah.

He literally used magic to do so, and would have for any other weapon. Making other weapons one handed isn't easier just because you dislike guns, dude. That's totally all it is too, from the rest of your post.

Dex-chan lover
8c5.jpg

People really loves hating this novel. I guess I've done similar things with other novels for similar reasons so I'm not going to say anything more about it.

Dex-chan lover
People are judging him for making a gun...But he only has one arm and using melee weapons requires two for balance and control. Using a gun is more difficult with one arm, granted, but it is still is more optimal than trying to beat someone in a battle of strength with only one.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm confused by some of the comments here about the gun. A gun is in no way a difficult thing to produce if you know what it is. You could literally make one with a pipe and some gunpowder. Jerry rigging something similar to a gun isn't even that difficult without the proper resources.

If you know how to shoot a rubber band with your hand you know the basics for making a gun. Same with something like a blowpipe. Probably the simpilest way to think about it. While I do agree with some criticism for story chooses here, people are being overly harsh. (My main complaint but really is a personally perference is how rushed through things the writing gets from here up to the point of leaving the dungeon) Compared to most the schlock on the isekai market, this series is fine.

I don't like that they make him look like a "Cool Guy".
I want him to look like a depraved monster. Give'em a violent grimace, not a respectable Dante-like smirk/smile. Give the dude some unique personality for once.

I'm also calling at this point that the "Monsters" are just corrupted people.
At least all the ones we've seen so far.
Other then maybe the Dragon and/or Behemoth.
Edit: Wait no hold on, are they Demons or Monsters? Why have a demon race if your also going to start calling the monsters demons?

Aggregator gang
After reading Ch.5 i thought this will either be a tough beginning where the main character will face difficult Choices between his survival or humanity or a edgy 12yos wet dream. As of now its starting to look like the wet dream.

My main problem is how they are glorifying the main character as some sort of badass. IMO, they really should have made the MC seem like more of a savage survivor who is on the edge of becomeing a beast.

its a shame. this manga has some really nice art and I hope its not just a power fantansy with a side of edge insted of a harem.

edit: deleted an extra word

Users who are viewing this thread