Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

The author is really good at writing the survival aspect of the story. Unfortunately it later devolves into focusing more on harem and romance, which the author is extremely terrible at. None of the extra characters are fun or appealing and the story was much better at the beginning when it was about the MC and survival.

I was hoping it would be about protagonist using alchemy and chemistry and maybe a knowledge of physics to defeat his opponents? More brains and trickery than brute force. But then he falls in a hole,
loses an arm
, swears vengeance on humanity,
finds an infinite healing stone to power-level is transmutation skill
loses an arm
eats demon meat to get demon powers
, and
builds a magic crystal railgun revolver
? He doesn't care about classmates or that girl who had a crush on him, he's going to only look out for himself, because he's been BETRAYED. And his edgy transformation happened so rapidly that I thought a genre-savvy loser would have some ability to notice what a cliche he's become. Like, we're shown there was a bit of a time skip, and it was genuinely a very effective scene, him crawling in despair and wondering if he's going to live! But him suddenly
having a weapon and fighting abilities
and being super-powerful with no insight into what he's practicing... This could have been a very smart manga and instead it is a very dumb manga, and that saddens me.

also why the immortal loli trope? she looks 12 why are you doing this.

I can swear I've read later than ch42 (which is latest chapter here ) but why do I not find later chapters .

i swear to eht-sama that every fucking isekai manga i read has beastmen in it and has them be slaves, why can't there just be a normal fantasy world with no fucking racist systems against beastmen, or if there is, then make it the opposite, i've always wondered why beastmen are the slaves when they are fucking people with animal characteristics, surely in the past, beastmen would have fucking dominated the world due to being superior animals than humans, i mean i haven't seen there be a downside to being a beastman, besides being prejudiced against wherever you are in a medieval world, so beast characteristics would be pure upside in a stone age setting, and if the name beastmen implys anything, then their populations would be way higher then that of humans

Contributor
@TimeVolt
Human-centric perspective. Pretty sure in a balanced fantasy world, there's also the reverse, since it's a fucking fantasy world, and everybody tends to be varying degrees of asshole.
Not saying that Arifureta is one, tho.

The romance at chap 42 is alright, not a harem yet since he only acknowledges Yue, I wish it’d stay like this but I think it’s not gonna be possible later on. The story is good, idk why but I find myself able to focus and read all till the end, usually after 1-2 chapters I just skim and skim fast through pages. The reality here is harsh and brutal which makes it more interesting, also I hate those have innocent thoughts like the Sensei, urg she annoys me. In every isekai the main protagonist got buffed to be the strongest so I’ll be understandable and won’t judge much about it here.

Planning to read the novels since my friend said its good, how is the novel vs manga comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread