Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Vol. 27 Ch. 158

Dex-chan lover
The tsundere heavy cruiser almost had a fatal function error.

The cover page made me giggle.
I'd forgotten Kongou had a loli model.
Me too, it took me a few seconds to remember who Nachi was kneeling to... then I remembered the scene of loligou upies and smiled like an idiot.

I think she put a little more nanomaterial in this model so that it doesn't happen again. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
One of the cover girls looks slightly less innocent than the other. Just a little bit.

Normally I make fun of people who make a big deal about the sea. But in this setting, it actually is a big deal to be able to go out there.

That can certainly be called a new era.

"Show how to exist on this planet."
That's an interesting order for a type of being that barely understands who they are. And are they going to show others of their own kind, or humans how to exist on the planet?

Still no defence against compliments. At least from him.

"I want you to stay by my side."
Mayday, mayday! Tsundere heavy cruiser sinking!

Only "combat power". Well, without 401 that doesn't leave a whole lot of ships. At least counting just the actual Blue Fleet, and not their allies.

Ah, she recovered splendidly. Almost forgot these fog ships can do submarine things and still be okay.

But for real, I've always liked Takao in this manga.
Best girl. Although there are quite a few likeable characters. In particular I also like Ashigara and Vampire.

I'd forgotten Kongou had a loli model.
Yeah, that took me a second to remember. But since I recognised the battleship, I knew it had to be one of the four, and she's the only one who fits that bill. And her demeanour is the same.

Group Leader
An aside, I wonder how normal humans see the world. Imagine, you live in a world where the seas are inaccessible to you. Where monsters roam the oceans, starving you of trade and communication. Cold, murder machines, unfeeling, uncaring. Then all of a sudden, a bunch of them just sort of start showing up in ports, not attacking, sometimes helping to generate power or deliver a fuckton of fish. Then you hear that actually now they're fine with you being in the ocean. Oh also you keep seeing a bunch of really weird girls in weird cosplay making absolute fools of themselves.

I can't imagine.

Dex-chan lover
the gears of the story... finally start moving. don't get me wrong, I like long and detailed, but main is it ever hard to follow with the time gap. this intermission feels like it's lasted forever
anyway thanks for the translation
civil war next I guess?

Dex-chan lover
Me too, it took me a few seconds to remember who Nachi was kneeling to... then I remembered the scene of loligou upies and smiled like an idiot.

I think she put a little more nanomaterial in this model so that it doesn't happen again. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wonder what that says about me, because I knew she was Kongou based on recognizing the physical ship itself, as well as her unique emblem as a fog ship, even before I turned the page.

Then I was confused for a moment looking at the loli before my brain caught up and remembered this version of her did exist.

An aside, I wonder how normal humans see the world. Imagine, you live in a world where the seas are inaccessible to you. Where monsters roam the oceans, starving you of trade and communication. Cold, murder machines, unfeeling, uncaring. Then all of a sudden, a bunch of them just sort of start showing up in ports, not attacking, sometimes helping to generate power or deliver a fuckton of fish. Then you hear that actually now they're fine with you being in the ocean. Oh also you keep seeing a bunch of really weird girls in weird cosplay making absolute fools of themselves.

I can't imagine.
There's a whole generation now that grew up knowing what "everyone" knows, that the oceans are dangerous, nobody can go there, and implacable machines exist there. And the average person isn't aware of the mental models either.

The older folk talk about a time when it wasn't always that way, and there's literature and media about the oceans too, but it all probably seems so mythical and artificial to those who were born or grew up in this period.

It's weird, but yet to them that's normal. It's certain fascinating to consider in its own right.

Dex-chan lover
the gears of the story... finally start moving. don't get me wrong, I like long and detailed, but main is it ever hard to follow with the time gap. this intermission feels like it's lasted forever
anyway thanks for the translation
civil war next I guess?
It has been 15 while years after all. I tried reading from chapter 1 just to remember. Anime did not help much as it strayed away.

Dex-chan lover
It has been 15 while years after all. I tried reading from chapter 1 just to remember. Anime did not help much as it strayed away.
I just binge read it and every 10 chapters I forget who's who because they introduced too many charachters and them changing from normal size to loli or some completely different costume is not helping

Contributor
I'm assuming the little girl in pigtails is Makie, but who is the other girl with glasses and long twintails with her? The consequences of not keeping notes earlier is haunting me now since I've been reading this from 2016, long before I started keeping notes for manga.

"Assist in reconstruction of the human fleet"
This is huge in terms of the big picture of this story. The Fog (or parts of it), formerly enemies of humanity are now assisting in helping it get back up. With the blockades ending (only starting with Japan I assume), humanity will no longer be isolated. The Fog ships were told to find meaning in their lives like humans, so now some of them have started doing their own thing. I'm just wondering how loli Kongou would sound while saying all this, too bad the anime invented its own ending long ago, so that would be unlikely.

"I want you to stay by my side"
Takao was going to faint right then and there after hearing that, until he mentioned combat power which brought her back to her senses. :dogkek:

"I'm just lending him to you, you know."
Tags: Netorase, Swinging
I feel like Takao is even fine with becoming Gunzou's mistress, so long as she gets to stay beside him. Now imagine a playboy Gunzou in a luxury suite with his arms around both Iona and Takao, and the other Fog girls of the Blue Fleet close by.

Dex-chan lover
I just binge read it and every 10 chapters I forget who's who because they introduced too many charachters and them changing from normal size to loli or some completely different costume is not helping
Not to mention they are mental models so they have loli mode and sexy mode. 100 - 200 character images to learn, which could be used for something more efficient like, living.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread