Arrogance and Romance - Ch. 82

Please don't tell me that's it, don't tell me that's the whole conclusion to this arc. Does she just get away with all the shit she pulled? She doesn't have to feel any guilt, become aware of how much she hurt Jung, or grow as a character and realise what she did wrong? That's dumb! What the fuck!

Anddd that's all folks. Minjae goes away and the next storyline will come shortly. I mean the author isn't that great with prolonging any of the drama. Even the bit with Kang ended without much hurrah, though that drama was a bit meh because I didn't think anybody was seriously seeing anybody yet.

also looking back at this and the previous kang storyline, i doubt we can expect much more.

jak

Contributor
@JordanFurneaux - At most she did was not tell Jung fully who Minjae was. That dinner and drinks might have meant something more to Minjae, but for her it was just her celebrating with an old friend.

@jak

I'm aware, my point isn't that she cheated but that she was seriously hurting Jung by being lying and deceitful. The fact that she never thought how he might have felt or feels guilt for lying to him is an issue for me as I thought this would be a perfect chance for her to learn a valuable lesson and grow as a character. It wouldn't surprise me if in the future she makes similar mistakes beacuse she hasn't been forced to recognise the one she has been making this whole time. It feels like a wasted chance for character growth. Also it feels like she can get away with doing anything, if Jung did the same thing she did then she would give him hell for it. In fact she has gotten upset at him for doing less, I feel she is really lucky with how forgiving he is.

"she has gotten upset with him for doing less"...?Jung's ex-girlfriend repeatedly tried to kiss him and had keys to his apartment. Sook hee's ex-boyfriend took her out to public spaces and asked her out in ways that it was difficult for a Korean woman to refuse (by playing the "repayment" card).

I don't know why people expect women to account to their respective partners for every last minute of their time, nor why men are sympathetic for being jealous. Jealous women are called bitches and told they need to have more trust.

Personally I find these interactions more real than the extended misunderstandings that rely on deus-ex-machina to keep not getting cleared up naturally. I think Jung's jealousy is handled well - it's present, and he has some reason, but so far he hasn't done anything outrageous about it. That doesn't make him a saint, it makes him what we should expect out of both sides of a relationship. Except maybe the violent arm grabs, there's got to be a better way to do that, but it appears to be expected in these genres.

Anyway, thanks benefactor!

I completely agree @Ronin40k . She did nothing wrong at all. Jung's behavior with Rena was MUCH worse. So tired of the double standard.

Group Leader
@aylachan @ronin40k

The difference is that Jung had always been upfront about it and straight up told Rena to leave Sokhee alone. Jung did not try to mislead sokhee or act ignorant of Renas actions. He did not try to excuse Renas behaviour or defend her. What shouldve happened was Sokhee shouldve grown a backbone from that arc and put rena in her place, instead of mope around, misunderstand Jung and felt sorry for herself.

Sokhee on the other hand is acting ignorant. It has nothing to do with her being a woman but more to do with respecting your partner. What sokhee did was purposely be deceitful. I'm a woman and I expect my man to be completely honest and upfront with me. If he wanted to have lunch with an ex (even if he thinks its just a casual lunch date), I expect him to tell me. If I were to have a casual simple catch up lunch date with my ex, I would definitely tell my boyfriend. It's called treating someone the way you want to be treated.

Are you saying it would be fine for your boyfriend/husband to have casuallly meet with his exes and not tell you because he thinks its nothing more than just casual? I think that the problem lies in the fact that minjae is her ex and not just some random nobody coworker. He also obviously has hidden intentions because sokhee knows hes not just some random nobody. They have a past and a history. Maybe you would be okay with it, but it has obviously been proven in the last 80 chapters that sokhee would not be. She is insecure and requires reassurance. If Jung had met with an ex (ANY ex) and sokhee heard it through the vines, she would flip.

I'm just annoyed at the lack of character growth from sokhee and how I completely dont relate to her character or actions at all. Her actions are excused because of who Jung is and he lets her get away with it. Welp. I guess if sokhee wasnt mindless like this, we'd have no story lol

Thanks again benefactor for all the updates!!!! Seriously your scanlations are so speedy and always top quality!

@Seynee Actually, no. Through the entire beginning of the series, Jung didn't do anything about Rena because he didn't have feelings for her anymore. He didn't explain any of his actions to Sokhee until she confronted him about it (the chapter after Rena was in his apartment) which was a leading cause of their misunderstandings.

Group Leader
@AylaChan when Rena was in his apartment, he wasn't even in a relationship with Sokhee. He had no obligation to disclose anything to Sokhee regarding Rena because Sokhee was supposedly seeing Kang anyways.

@Seynee Actually, Chapt. 38 Jung kisses Sokhee and then Sokhee sees Jung bring Rena up to his apartment in Chapt. 39. Then Chapt. 47 Jung confesses to Sokhee then Chapter 48 goes for Coffee with Rena and brings her back to his apartment in 48. That's A LOT less than Sokhee talking with her ex. It was constant with Jung.

@seynee @aylachan

I'm actually somewhere in the middle on this. I don't think sookhee did absolutely nothing wrong, and I agree with seynee that a good relationship includes communication, especially early in a relationship when you haven't built up the years of trust yet.

What I was mostly reacting to was the extreme hate being piled only on Sookhee for being put in an awkward situation similar to Jung's. Some individuals appeared to react to the male character's lack of communication with "trust him stupid woman" and the female's lack of communication with "dump her she's trash."

Users who are viewing this thread