As You Like It, Margrave

omg I was just reminiscing about this beautiful manhwa!! 😲 it's updated??! thank yooouuuu!!!💓❤

The art is good but the summary is....
Dian is a maid working for the Marquis of Lowell?
To help her lady escape from an unwanted marriage, Dian sends her out the country and assumes her identity, going to the castle of Margrave Evenhart in her stead??
She's a maid and have a way to do that? Are their faces similar? More like she's taking an opportunity of her naive lady cause she's hoping she can be a noble by married another noble. If not, their difference will be pretty much laid bare. Education, 4 art skills, etiquette and manner, in the past some maid is illiterate and the way of speaking also different (including choice of word).

The Evenhart family, famous for guarding the North for generations, but never leaving their territory, is a subject of great mystery to the outside world. Will Dian’s identity be discovered? What romantic story will unfold in these days of cohabitation?
I can say if their face is different, yes. Even a political marriage will have each picture to show the other party. And a noble normally have a debut since young age, let alone a marquis who's positioned under royal family and duke only. It's pretty easy for the other party to test MC such as asking news and things related to noble circle.

There's comment about internal monologues (and yeah, I don't quite like it if it's too much just like earlier chapter of Beware of the Villainess)

So I wonder if this is good???

Fed-Kun's army
@winterflower18 It's good. And it makes sense.
Evenhart is a recluse, so he has never met Selene. And Dian is close enough to be mistaken for her, if you go by rough description.
Dian is also devoted to Selene, so she isn't going there purely out of her own self interest... Somewhat, because she is a massive fan of the legend, which Evenhart ancestor is a huge part of.

@Tempkschris definitely, beside the real noble's daugther get her identity robbed (public will only know she's married to the Evenhart) not to mention she goes to neighbour country quietly so her father doesn't realised it... how much money she can take and how many maid, butler and servant who swore loyalty to her? Nobility who switched to commoner doesn't have easy lives (home chores, groceries, cooking, not to mention winter if only there' electricity gas stove heater bycicle/car and gender equality where woman can get any job she wants, sure she can live with new identity)

@gladiatorua a recluse doesn't mean don't know anything, if he arranged it by himself or parents introduced them, they still can investigate afterall it's political marriage (hair colour and eyes does her have the same colour to one of the parents, and honestly skin is one of factor too, noble who doesn't do home chores, shopping and cooking will have paler skin and smooth hand (no blister etc). Pretty selfish still, she doesn't care about her lady when she's in another country with fake identity? All she cares is the legend that you told me? As parents, they will ask for letter (hand writing), even a cold hearted (evil) one will ask because they want to know the other party's moves. As much as ML can avoid social circles, if the royal family demands their attendance, both need to go (such as royal wedding), if the parents or anyone who know real lady appearance it means punishment (death if ML feels cheated and no love for her which is impossible)

@winterflower18 I can understand the initial confusion because the summary doesn’t do the actual story justice.. HOWEVER, I think the rest of your criticism is not justified as it’s all pure speculation. A lot of the negative comments you have towards this manwha (which is actually quite good) is based on 5 sentences of a summary.

I’m not saying you should read it because that is purely up to you and your own preferences but you shouldn’t make a snap decision without attempting to read the story...

@Tempkschris it’s not really impersonation in the way you may be thinking but as I don’t want to spoil anything I won’t be able to explain but the summary doesn’t really summarise what actually happens that well

@gladiatorua then is it plot hole?

@N-E-M cause indeed it's my own questions from the summary. I asked while threw in negative comments cause that's what supposed happen if a maid tried to impersonate a noble's daugther without support from the head of the house or any backing from powerful noble house. I'm curious why this have high star cause the summary sucks if summary doesn’t do the actual story justice. And well none explained why it's good and my own assumption is wrong in this story (I don't mind spoiler tag)

Fed-Kun's army
@winterflower18 It's not. Read the fucking thing. I avoided details to avoid spoilers.
Evenheart is a complete recluse. He has one servant. He has two rooms habitable in an entire castle. People in his own domain don't know his face.
The whole point of Dian going to him specifically, besides her being a fan of the original Evenheart, is precisely because he wouldn't recognize her. She barely gets inside, which is a biggest hole in the plan.

@gladiatorua calm down why using a curse word, I already read the summary that's why I am doubting the story (as in short she's maid that exchange place with her lady to marry the target male noble --- [Dian sends her out the country and assumes her identity, going to the castle of Margrave Evenhart in her stead]) and curious why this have high star (people liking this story)

But from your spoiler
it means he never ever step outside even meeting royal family or relatives? Although I understand if he doesn't know the noble lady's features and personality as he has one servant only so probably won't bother to search for info. But yes, I won't ask more

@winterflower18 it is sad that they haven’t provided a detailed description to summarise. But I guess in this case it may be used to stop from ruining the story. Once you actually start reading the first few chapter you realise how different it is from your original guesses and it may be why people have been giving it so many stars I think (it’s why I rated it high)

I’ll summarise the key reasons;

She isn’t marrying Evenheart, the marriage is with someone else and she went to his land as a diversion with her Lady’s carriage. For two reasons 1.people will think her lady is in Evenhearts land thinking she ‘ran away’ for a few days ( apparently it was a custom for nobles to spend a few days at someone’s place as a way of bonding) and her father will not be able to stop Seline getting married to someone else. 2. While it isn’t fully clear from what I can tell so far is that Evenhearts is not fully human and their land is so far away from central society that he is able to live as a recluse. There may also be other reasons this is able to happen but I have not read them yet. He has no relative that are alive (I will not explain why fully) and because of a family vow to protect the land he sits on, there is no pressure to visit royalty. He’s lineage and family’s part in saving the continent gives him more power than a normal noble. So whilst he may have heard a few rumours about Seline they are in fact rumours so he cannot know what she’s meant to really look like
Another thing is that the MC knows the risk there is for her but due to Lady Seline saving her life when she was a child she is willing to take any risk for her lady’s happiness, especially when the man she is meant to marry looks like an old man in his portraits. It’s only when she’s theres and sees people’s kindness to her does she feel guilt

@N-E-M yours explanation should be on the summary page with spoiler tag. The current summary perhaps want to give a sense of secret and plot twist, doesn't know some surprise can be a fail if be done without consider the situation. While yours definitely will clesr the misunderstood of some people who read the summary

but she's there to deceive the marquis family, no marriage happened so far (and the marriage wasn't with ML so he didn't bother to seek information?), the lady was out of country euth intact identity?

Thank you for kindly explaining it to me ^^ with such plot I believe why it's high rating ~~☆

I never noticed the new cover of this manhwa so I mistakenly thought it was a manhwa that I haven't read yet.

The New Cover is very pretty tho uwu

@winterflower18 No worries! I’m glad what I wrote made sense haha 😊

and correct, no marriage has happened yet and the ML seems more concerned about something he only knows so doesn’t really care for anything else (I haven’t read the updated chapters yet!! ) and the Lady is safely out of the country from what I can tell

Users who are viewing this thread