Asagaya Geijutu Koukou Eizouka e Youkoso - Oneshot

Fed-Kun's army
Welp the only thing that it awarded to me was almost falling asleep reading this 10/10

Dex-chan lover
Mom wasn’t so bad she just did not give attention to her but everything else she provided like her going to a film school.

Double-page supporter
On page 26, I don't think redaction is the word you want to use there.
Was this translated from portuguese or spanish or something?

Power Uploader
@AkiTooru My first language is French. The proofreader apparently didn't see anything wrong with that word choice though. =[

Double-page supporter
@Lyendith from the little I could understand from french wikipedia, Rédaction seems pretty close to the meaning of Redação in Portuguese, which is a more general term for writing or composing text.

But in english, from my research, Redaction doesn't have this general meaning, instead having mostly to do with text editing. One of the most common dictionary definition is something like "the process of removing words or information from a text"(cambridge dictionary), with sligthly different meaning also given "a form of editing in which multiple sources of texts are combined (redacted) and altered slightly to make a single document"(wikipedia), and also "The process of editing text for publication" (oxford dictionary).

Given the context, the more appropriate word to use there would be "essay" or "composition", but I'm also not a native english speaker so I can't be sure which choice of words would be most natural there.
edit: I think composition wouldn't be good there because of the interaction with sheet and the musical meaning.
(Also I'm starting to think there's no equivalent concept in English for the sheet. Maybe change the phrasing for an equivalent that doesn't need the word?)

Dex-chan lover
So that's their backstory. Was a nice read, although I think having already read Act-age helped.

Double-page supporter
instead of redaction, 'draft' could have been a good substitute word

Contributor
More than anything else about the story or characters, what caught my attention the most was that this WSJ issue was immediate preceding the start of We Never Learn.
2017 feels like an eternity ago now (2020).

x46.jpg

Group Leader
Great oneshot, should've read it sooner

I feel like I'll forever be grateful to the editor for polishing this mangaka duo

Dex-chan lover
Didn't know about this. It interesting in it's own way, but I'm glad that ActAge didn't go this humor "simpson" way with loud and arrogant Kuroyama - I dont think I would fall in love with it, if it was like this one shot.
But - it shows, that they learned from their mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread