Asahi-kun is Bad At Being a Delinquent - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
If you swap to the compressed option for images it loads it fine.
Also this seems like it will be getting a serialization eventually.

Dex-chan lover
People are having trouble because this chapter's page are at resolution of 5197x7323. Yes that is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. And yes that also results in obnoxiously big file sizes, over 5 megs for page 1, 6.58MB for page 2.

People on slow or metered internet connections would do well to go in the md's reader settings and setting the "Data saver" option to "Compressed images".

Though ideally, the scanlators would look into cutting the resolution and file size of their chapters before uploading. Coz this sort of resolution doesn't help the readers.

Obviously, it's great for the people working on the files for cleanup and redrawing. But when it's just for viewing the files, it's completely superfluous. And an issue for people with bad connections, or weak/old phones.

Now, on the chapter itself. Cute. I'm not sure how long the author could keep it fresh if it was serialised though. Might be best left as a one shot.

Dex-chan lover
@genR I'm not on a "slow or metered" connection. I'm quite sure the issue is on MangaDex's end--they've been pretty hammered for a while now--though the large file sizes certainly don't help.

Group Leader
The images were compressed again before uploading, 4-5MB -> 1-2MB per page, so I can't do it again (I tried). But it seems like you just have to use the compressed image function on MangaDex. Sorry about that.

@Kevadu
@genR
@KenKan3ki
@LanunHarith

@forcy

It’s okay, I didn’t blame you. I just thought that it’s weird because the page didn’t reload and for some reason it have an error code. But, I didn’t blame you. I think it’s my fault because I maybe didn’t check my internet connection before I state my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread