Asako - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps Asako's own mother was so bad that she attempted to strangle Asako. That would explain why she suddenly did that to Masashi. She didn't put it to words, but it would be a demonstration of what she went through with her mom, so she doesn't want to hear a word about it.
The first thing I thought too after the flashback...Asako is way too fond of Masashi....more than she shows. Like a little brother and nothing else obv
When I saw the first image of the choking, tbh, I thought Masashi and Yukako relationship ended violently, I didn't realize it was Asako

As for Miki.....well, it saddens me to say so, but you reap what you sow. Seems like she was a bitch even during highschool. What a sad character. And I pity her son.
And about that, with so many characters having problems with their parents, I wonder if author is "projecting" his experience or if it's "just" a critique to the "kids have to (be successful so they can) take care of their old parents later" thingy/mentality

Dex-chan lover
Always a joy getting a chapter of this manga translated, I don’t actively look forward to it or anything, it just shows up one day and I’m always super intrigued and happy to see yet another chapter translated by the wonderful daphie, also I kinda feel bad for Miki, like she’s still a pain in the ass for the past and present with her son, but you can’t help but feel bad for her, in her mid to late 30’s, had a terrible husband and is now depending on her own mother and son to live. As for Asako mmm part of me wants to say “I wish I was him rn” and the other part is “damn you really gonna choke a child out for stepping on a trauma land mine he didn’t know about?”, either way glad to still be reading this somewhat hidden gem and I look forward to the next spicy chapter, thanks as always Daphie ☕️

Dex-chan lover
Miki seems genuinely mentally unwell. I've known folks like that - there's nothing wrong enough with them to warrant serious professional help, but they're utterly maladjusted to... pretty much anything.

Users who are viewing this thread