Asako - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Aight I’ll admit I jumped here after the first chapter.
And I have to say, no matter what her feeling are she showed herself in front of a child for a sexually motivated reason. The boy was interested and she was wet (it’s dripping).
*someone brought up that sexual abuse victims can be wet as a defense mechanism which is a solid point.
(Makes this sentence less useful) I don’t really get why else she would be beyond arousal.

Second role reverse this shit.
Third. If she want to be saved, she is lonely and craves to form another bond with a human being, then why the fuck is she getting naked and accepting the impulses of a child(she does regret it, but based upon the first episode I somewhat doubt the strength of that regret)
It just feels fucked man. If that’s the point then bravo but imma go read something else

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't see the couple at all in that relationship. Masashi is just a brat who only looks up at Asako as some kind of idol of a cool adult, plus he's starting to experience his first sexual urges. He doesn't really know anything about Asako, nor does he care to know (unlike much later, when he's an adult). In fact the few times the young Masashi has learned real details about her, he has been more hurt or annoyed than pleased with the knowledge. Asako is mentally broken in yet to be known ways/reasons, but not in a sexual way. I'm not sure she's even looking for salvation and not just for some peace for the last moments of her life. Masashi's attention seems to bring her some emotional comfort (because someone cares for her), but at least I think I can still see clearly, over and over again, that the age gap and Masashi's concrete childishness does not particularly please her. She's just putting up with it. On the other hand, she is a genuine adult who doesn't get angry at kids just because they behave like kids.

But of course I could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Reverse the roles cuh and see what happens then
There's actually already many story that does that. Like in the TLN, reading it gave me a weird feeling, like something doesn't click somewhere, there's certainly mistake from both side but on one side I wonder why the flashback come at this moment, who is actually having the flashback? Is it adult Masashi? Is that why he is so infatuated with her this long? Having that kind of experience in childhood certainly would stick with anyone, twisting their personality.
It's the same feeling I have when reading chap 16 with how twisted Miki became as an adult.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what her struggle is. We are halfway thru, 17 chapters more to go.

It's always funny to see people flex their superior virtues in chapters like these. I assume it's even more of a shitfest on reddit.
The complexity of the characters is one of the big virtues of this manga. In a sense, people expressing dissatisfaction over why a character doesn't get shunned by the readership or portrayed as evil is a sign of quality. It means they felt something while reading, and that's a lot more than inoffensive, morally upright and bland age-appropriate mangas accomplish.

As a footnote, thank you for the translation, Princess.

Dex-chan lover
Ty for the translation
Tbh, the fact that Asako didn't even flinch or hesitate might show that she's used to do it no-question-asked when told to do. And that's sad. We can assume Asako's parents are long dead from the interactions with the doctor, so her past might not be something easy and/or "clean" to speak of.
I hope those who got shocked and stuck at the "she got naked in front of the kid, she's a pedo, i'm out" really stop reading this, bc you probably didn't get how deep such a story can go

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh, the fact that Asako didn't even flinch or hesitate might show that she's used to do it no-question-asked when told to do. And that's sad.
Her being "wet" in that situation could also be a hint that she got sexually abused at some point. Because that is a defense mechanism of victims. The body is basically reliving a memory. Could also explain why she seemingly snapped out of it and was visibly shaken afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
Her being "wet" in that situation could also be a hint that she got sexually abused at some point. Because that is a defense mechanism of victims. The body is basically reliving a memory. Could also explain why she seemingly snapped out of it and was visibly shaken afterwards.
That's exactly what I was hinting when I said "her past might not be something easy and/or "clean" to speak of".
It's evident that Asako didn't live a normal/easy life and we all noticed

Dex-chan lover
That's exactly what I was hinting when I said "her past might not be something easy and/or "clean" to speak of".
It's evident that Asako didn't live a normal/easy life and we all noticed
So the clues we have is: she had to make her own meals out of need as a kid. She lacked parental love. The doctor knew her parents (I think? I don't remember). There is a grave she visits. She (presumably) was sexually abused. She escaped the city.

Dex-chan lover
You shouldn't just say something like that and not post a spoiler.
Last time I posted the spoiler people got pissed at me, even though I used the spoiler censor thing.

Well 2nd try I guess, just don't reply without spoilers please.
She is alive in the present, and she has a daughter

Dex-chan lover
Last time I posted the spoiler people got pissed at me, even though I used the spoiler censor thing.

Well 2nd try I guess, just don't reply without spoilers please.
She is alive in the present, and she has a daughter

I was getting flak for posting about the end in Pansuto threads behind spoilers.

Group Leader
Scanlators tend to not like having spoilers posted in chapters comments section. It's kind of... tempting and makes some people stop reading I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Your afterword perfectly sums up how I feel about the chapter. Thanks for the hard work.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck those clowns making generalizations on this manga!

Respects to the scanlator for seeing the nuance in this scene.

Dex-chan lover
LETS GOOOOOOOOO, honestly I can already see the essays and the grooming stuff, buuuuut honestly maybe im just too desensitised to give a shit like this chapter didnt weird me out, it kinda just gave me hope that the feeling is mutual and we’ll get somewhat of a happy ending, PLUS I can weirdly relate to this chapter, I wasn’t in elementary school Nono but I was 17 and “talking” to this 22 yr old, stuff happened but we could never start something seeing as though I was underage, sadly I got a bit of a bad ending but my fingers are crossed for our dear hopeless romantic MC here, as always btw daphie great chapter and hopefully the harsh comments here don’t get to you, always a joy getting to read a freashly translated chapter by you

Dex-chan lover
Stay for the SS leave for the sjw shit. You did good dumping her bro.

Users who are viewing this thread