Asanami-san to Shinde mo Ikitai. - Ch. 11 - Asanami-san and Instigation of a Murder

If he didn't pull the possible dad abuse i would mind about the cancel, but that was a ass move so im glad that this will resolved fast.

VIP
I expected more from this reveal chapter, but in the end nothing much got disclosed. It's sad.

Dex-chan lover
so she wants to kill that guy, hes probably a relative that abuses her and forces her to call him daddy, and wow axe from before it was even out? thats some new axe mode

>Publication status: cancelled
I hope the author is now planning to murder the ones responsible. Just kidding.. unless?

2 more chapters? That's unfortunate because while having some obvious flaws, this was a fun little series. And now it'll "end" without giving us much explanation as to why she's obsessed with killing, or who the person she calls papa is, and the MC will never grow a pair. Oh well, I'm still hyped for it, whatever that is.

Also, while I can't read Japanese, on Twitter the author kinda feels liberated by the axe but that is probably a misinterpretation courtesy of machine translation.

Dex-chan lover
The subject matter was unique and I'm sad to see that it won't continue.

Dex-chan lover
i'll be honest, i've always seen this as a "quirky" saeki-san who's thing is murder instead of sleep until the darker implications dropped with the papa character. Even after that chapter, it was hard to switch back to quirky asanami-san without thinking about how to feel about her home situation. also the introduction of the second girl just made it feel like it was turning into a typical harem with a unique theme about murder and pain. in the end this just ended up feeling kind of half hearted about what it wanted to be. it never got serious about either the romance aspect or the drama aspect. i'm sad we probably won't get any satisfying conclusions to their budding romance or who the hell that papa dude is, but i'm not surprised this got axed. oh well.

Dex-chan lover
i don’t think it’s the authors fault that this got axed, but i don’t know anything about the manga industry besides what their products are so...

Dex-chan lover
@dysperwithaperiod I mean, if it was decided before volume 1 even came out then I think the author was just playing with a bad hand. Nothing short of some crazy success woulda changed the publisher's minds at that point.

art industry is rough like that. Always undervalued.

@ninjazz" it never got serious about either the romance aspect or the drama aspect. "

If I had to take a guess, that's because the author found out around the release of the father arc, but could only announce it now because NDA. Otherwise, there would be no use to setting up a potential arc like that while still in the setup phase.

Same idea with Sana. potentially interesting character that just couldn't be used when the author found about about the axe. Kinda explains why the focus went away from her after a few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@raze2012 we could speculate on whether the mangaka got screwed over anywhere in the publishing process but my problem with it is that it never developed past doing the same joke over and over. mc-kun always kept asanami-san at arm's length despite her obvious thirst for attention, rinse repeat with no change in relationship. sana seemed to be introduced to shake things up but fell into the same dynamic. i can only assume the papa thing was introduced to either shake things up again or hint to the readers that the shallow content had a far deeper reason than was introduced. hell that whole thing could either be exactly the dark things we've come to expect or it could be a big misunderstanding. like she's pissed off at her dad for getting rid of her pets, her "family."

my point is it never felt like the mangaka gave they're best doing this series. it was never cute enough to compensate for the same-y trope writing neither did the surprise drama come to anything (yet, two chapter after all).

Users who are viewing this thread