Ase to Sekken - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Report

Dex-chan lover
ah i have been fed tysm looking forward to the official release as well 💸

Dex-chan lover
@dudewithmagic You're assuming that Natori would have some power over her. She's not some unemployed housewife, they both work. I'd assume they'd pay half...
Or, well, Dad's assuming that, I suppose?

Hm... I don't know. I see your point, as well as @phosphylite 's, I guess. To be 100% honest something about that still doesn't quite click.
Like, if Dad thought Natori is a bad guy (a player), it'd make sense? He has some guaranteed pussy at home, and when he gets tired he leaves. But considering he already kinda sorta likes the dude, I don't feel like that's his approach...
But well, not like I have a better option either.
If anything, phosphylite, as a fellow translator I'd say just one thing, though you probably know.
It’s literally insurance in Japanese, so I wanted to keep the original nuance as much as possible.
Careful with "literal" words sometimes, since false friends exist. Or sometimes depending on the context you can be literal or not. Not saying it happened here, but since you brought it up I figured I'd mention it.

Anyway, thanks for replies.

Group Leader
@Tatherwood Haha yeah, if I wanted to be even more literal, it would've been, "It feels like you're taking out an insurance policy," or "It feels like you're insuring yourself," but nonetheless, I thought the whole idea of insurance worked well here, but perhaps there's a clearer way to phrase it. Maybe the official release will come out with something better.

It so refreshing to read a manga where there's not a lot of drama, and its just a relationship between two grown adults who thoroughly think about their decisions without being impulsive.

Dex-chan lover
Right in my veins, shoot all that sugary relationship right in my veins, i dont want to live long anyway.

Dex-chan lover
EZ22JNsXQAAoE7C

THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH!!!

Group Leader
I got type 10 diabetes from this chapter insulin can't save me anymore /(≧ x ≦)\

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood

It's insurance in the fact that if things don't go well, he will not have to divorce her. And being divorced is, in more old-fashioned sensibilities, a pretty big stigma. Losing money is something temporary, you can earn it back eventually. But the status of having been divorced will be with you forever.
So just merely living together instead of marriage is insurance in that you have an easier way out of it with lesser or no long-term repercussions.

Thank you for update with 2 chapters in a day! Wow .. I'm so proud of Asako for talking about her anxiety in front of her family :")

Dex-chan lover
@Askorti Okay, yeah, that's fair. I don't know, I still feel like something doesn't quite click there, but it's a reasonable explanation.

Asako is a bamf for facing her insecurities head on, i frickin love her. Appreciate the callout for Natori's creepy behaviour in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread