Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 11 Ch. 140 - What a Wonderful World Prologue

Group Leader
New arc! I feel like there's a lot of potential here, and cult stuff seems like a pretty natural topic to explore for this manga. I'm interested in how this story develops

(also hopefully we get to see runa again)

Dex-chan lover
Def getting some kinda 'spiritual leader' vibes but i wonder how many 'life coaches' (assuming they're a thing in japan too) is a thin line between that and cult leader lol
Sheesh... She has a spiritual guru 💀

This will be interesting...

Thanks for the chapter!
makes me wonder if the guru approves of sex work, assuming she doesn't talk about it, unless she has to pay 'tributes' to her or so lol

Dex-chan lover
Ty scanlations 🙏 Hope both of ya are doing well

We're really taking that one "religious" comment on Brainwashing 17 and running with it for the next arc huh. Though i have never seen a single japanese media that actually depicts proper religiousness (as in personal conflict of trying to figure out an individual's relationship with god), Probably connected to the reason why every JRPG ends with Killing God lmao

Dex-chan lover
WHELP this one is already shaping up to be a ride.

That was a picture she was talking to at the start, right? It looked like a picture frame, not a tablet, which means the woman moving is actually a delusion of the girl's mind. HEALTHY MENTAL STATE.

EDIT: Turns out it's actually a video call with a smart phone and I was mistaken. It just LOOKED like a picture frame.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Many "spiritual leaders" are found in secret society clubs that involve a lot of sex work - see "SMILE".

This is so chilling I believe it must have been based on a real group, that involves millions of followers.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
I was a bit confused about who Emi was, because she was kinda behaving the way I expected Kokoro to behave.
I thought Kokoro was doing a livestream and ranting about Runa.

The spirituality thing... it feels pretty fucked up. "Sorry, our time is done. Now give me a smile before you go." It feels like it's just a transaction and something that only helps a tiny bit. I know too little about the topic, but idk if forcing someone to smile is actually helpful. I know that if you smile and look in a mirror, you feel a bit better, but it's not like it fixes your problems, and for it to be ingrained in your mind, you would need to do it several times a day for a few months. Doing it in a random call every once in a while with, at best, an acquaintance doesn't help.

I wonder how things will develop this time and I do hope we get to see the ending of Runa's story and also of the first girl's story (can't remember her name atm.)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
I was a bit confused about who Emi was, because she was kinda behaving the way I expected Kokoro to behave.
I thought Kokoro was doing a livestream and ranting about Runa.

The spirituality thing... it feels pretty fucked up. "Sorry, our time is done. Now give me a smile before you go." It feels like it's just a transaction and something that only helps a tiny bit. I know too little about the topic, but idk if forcing someone to smile is actually helpful. I know that if you smile and look in a mirror, you feel a bit better, but it's not like it fixes your problems, and for it to be ingrained in your mind, you would need to do it several times a day for a few months. Doing it in a random call every once in a while with, at best, an acquaintance doesn't help.

I wonder how things will develop this time and I do hope we get to see the ending of Runa's story and also of the first girl's story (can't remember her name atm.)
Positivism and "The Secret" are already debunked ideologies that actually hold nothing but as wallets for cult leaders.

Dex-chan lover
New arc! I feel like there's a lot of potential here, and cult stuff seems like a pretty natural topic to explore for this manga. I'm interested in how this story develops

(also hopefully we get to see runa again)
We get a picture of the old woman's past - look at that picture, that must be the 16 yo her.

Dex-chan lover
WHELP this one is already shaping up to be a ride.

That was a picture she was talking to at the start, right? It looked like a picture frame, not a tablet, which means the woman moving is actually a delusion of the girl's mind. HEALTHY MENTAL STATE.
she's actually just talking on her phone using something similar to facetime, you can see how emi's image is in the top left corner while her guru is listening to the story ^^

i'm sure it'll still be quite the ride though!

Dex-chan lover
she's actually just talking on her phone using something similar to facetime, you can see how emi's image is in the top left corner while her guru is listening to the story ^^

i'm sure it'll still be quite the ride though!
Man that's actually quite confusing. The initial panels show the top half of the phone completely unobstructed, but then when it zooms out, we can see phone leaning against the tissue box with the tissues sticking out blocking the phone. So was she holding the phone and then put it down?

I actually didn't even notice the phone in those first panels originally, I just thought she was ranting to herself.

The reason I thought it was a picture frame is because when we first see the blond woman, it's got the light streaks covering her face, and you usually see that on pictures of deceased relatives set up in in-house shrines, so I thought it was the same thing here; she's talking to a picture of a deceased person. But now I check and yeah, I can see the little picture of the black-haired girl, so you're right, it's a video call.

Still... I think that could have been done better by the artist. If not for you pointing it out, I would have thought it's a picture frame!

Users who are viewing this thread