Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 11 Ch. 141 - What a Wonderful World 1

Group Leader
Now that we know how old Emi is, it feels like the conversations at the start of the chapter take on a slightly different meaning. For example:
"Yoshie-san, they say that people in tokyo get married later now"
At first I thought it was because Yoshie might not know the cultural differences, but now that we know Emi's 40, it feels like it's being said more out of courtesy as if it were crossing a touchy subject.

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling I’m going to feel offended by this arc in the future :dogkek:
Still, hitting that age with shaky & unfulfilling career and lack of deep and meaningful relationships… No wonder she picks up spirituality. Religion would be the one accessible consolation at that point. Heavy emotions to unpack in this arc I feel

Dex-chan lover
Every day I'm pressing F5 excited for AsuKanojo, thank you so much for the releases!!! Man, I feel this is gonna be the arc where it'll hit the hardest on readers (including myself). Aside what K_Takuya said, there's also the anxiety of imagining all the years of being a hardcore stan (no matter what kind) just for in the end to stop sparking joy on you as you got older.

Dex-chan lover
Many Thanks for the new chapter.
I already had a general idea that Emi was significantly older than Runa from their conversation in Ch. 108, by at least 10+ years; I figured she was either in her mid-thirties or her late-thirties, her rough older-than-she-looks appearance due to being a smoker. Her being 40 is rather surprising, because I also did figure if she was in her forties, i thought she was well pushing into her mid-forties by the way she looked.
It's sad that she had to quit her soapland job because of the death of her father. Though I wonder what's she's going to do now since she apparently has moved back in with her mom as a result.

Dex-chan lover
proof that Asian didn't age

also thank you for the chapter
OcJSKDV.png

Users who are viewing this thread