Asper Kanojo - Vol. 9 Ch. 73 - The Red City part III

yeah, someone is skipping some parts.... oh well
No, everyone's been reading the same manga you have. Sometimes, the victims are also the perpetrators. Hooker is a good foil for our autistic girl. Ours is dysfunctional by chance, the other is by choice. Nobody chooses to be Autistic, but this lady definitely chose to be a hooker, among other things.

Group Leader
No, everyone's been reading the same manga you have. Sometimes, the victims are also the perpetrators. Hooker is a good foil for our autistic girl. Ours is dysfunctional by chance, the other is by choice. Nobody chooses to be Autistic, but this lady definitely chose to be a hooker, among other things.
the same way someone chooses suicide. What you are saying is terribly naive.

the same way someone chooses suicide. What you are saying is terribly naive.
Yeah. These are all choices people make. Sometimes your life is awful, and the only person to blame is in the mirror. That's why he doesn't feel bad for her: It's her own fault. And at this point, it's too late for her to turn things around. We feel bad for the autistic girl because she really has no control over her condition. In spite of that, she's doing her best to be better. The other one decided she belongs with the trash, and decided to lounge around in it for the rest of her life. Worse yet, she lashes out at the closest thing she has to a friend, along with her caretaker/boyfriend.

Group Leader
Yeah. These are all choices people make. Sometimes your life is awful, and the only person to blame is in the mirror. That's why he doesn't feel bad for her: It's her own fault. And at this point, it's too late for her to turn things around. We feel bad for the autistic girl because she really has no control over her condition. In spite of that, she's doing her best to be better. The other one decided she belongs with the trash, and decided to lounge around in it for the rest of her life. Worse yet, she lashes out at the closest thing she has to a friend, along with her caretaker/boyfriend.
Clearly, you didn't understand the sarcasm of my comment. You have no idea what it is to deal with mental health so I guess the lack of empathy is expected... not that you require it in your life, but when you put a statement as a fact, "choices people make" when you don't understand what comes with mental health issues, just sounds naive, but I see its not malicious, just lack of understanding so I guess not much it can be done. I guess in the end it's your opinion.

Clearly, you didn't understand the sarcasm of my comment. You have no idea what it is to deal with mental health so I guess the lack of empathy is expected... not that you require it in your life, but when you put a statement as a fact, "choices people make" when you don't understand what comes with mental health issues, just sounds naive, but I see its not malicious, just lack of understanding so I guess not much it can be done. I guess in the end it's your opinion.
These are all statements of fact. "Mental illness" isn't some excuse for you to go off the rails and do whatever without accountability. She chose to make herself miserable. Living life making excuses for the decisions people make is precisely the wrong way to handle the issue.

It's so weird that you're sitting around making weird assumptions about the life and struggles of some stranger on the internet, but then turning a blind eye to the role a character that you know better has in making her own life hell. Maybe you don't know what it is to deal with mental health if you think it takes away your agency.

Group Leader
These are all statements of fact. "Mental illness" isn't some excuse for you to go off the rails and do whatever without accountability. She chose to make herself miserable. Living life making excuses for the decisions people make is precisely the wrong way to handle the issue.

It's so weird that you're sitting around making weird assumptions about the life and struggles of some stranger on the internet, but then turning a blind eye to the role a character that you know better has in making her own life hell. Maybe you don't know what it is to deal with mental health if you think it takes away your agency.
I mean the whole point of the story is how to deal with mental issues, so much as to the person as tonthe ones surrounding the person.

And your approach towards those characters atitude quite shows your lack of empathy and lack of knowledge of the issues. It's not lack of guilt towards choices, but the choices from those people have a different weight, if you knew how it is of course, but you are free to have your assumptions, that they are just dumb and lazy and could take better decisions right? Mental issue is a choice probably lol.

And your approach towards those characters atitude quite shows your lack of empathy and lack of knowledge of the issues. It's not lack of guilt towards choices, but the choices from those people have a different weight, if you knew how it is of course, but you are free to have your assumptions, that they are just dumb and lazy and could take better decisions right? Mental issue is a choice probably lol.
You've managed to write out a whole paragraph and say nothing. Either English isn't your first language, or all you have is "You don't have empathy". Nobody feels bad for people who make their own problems.

Fed-Kun's army
manga about me tal health
manga presents a damaged woman with me tal health related to hooking up

Comments: "She's a hooker, she got what she deserves"

This reminds me of people defending Oshi no Ko as a good manga, then goes to cyberbully/harrass people thinking there is no consequences XD.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that she has nymphomania, which is a mental condition that can get really dangerous. And that it was a point of the manga to show how people with mental illness can get hurt when not treated properly. But I forgot manga readers are not known for their reading comprehension

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that she has nymphomania, which is a mental condition that can get really dangerous. And that it was a point of the manga to show how people with mental illness can get hurt when not treated properly. But I forgot manga readers are not known for their reading comprehension
"Mental illness" is not a pass. If you're compelled to eat live babies because of your "mental illness", and you eat live babies, it's all on you. Everyone is clear she has nymphomania; what of it?

Fed-Kun's army
"Mental illness" is not a pass. If you're compelled to eat live babies because of your "mental illness", and you eat live babies, it's all on you. Everyone is clear she has nymphomania; what of it?
Imagine comparing something like that to a mental illness where the only one she could possibly hurt is herself. I already understood you're not really bright and just enjoy picking fights tho, so I'm just gonna ignore you

Imagine comparing something like that to a mental illness where the only one she could possibly hurt is herself. I already understood you're not really bright and just enjoy picking fights tho, so I'm just gonna ignore you
I notice you feign offense instead of pointing out that you don't think mental illness defends those actions.

Fed-Kun's army
It seems like some readers can't take into consideration that mental illness is the cause of their bad decisions/actions, all they can think of is it being used as an excuse. Shows that they're not interested in the root of the problem in the first place.

It seems like some readers can't take into consideration that mental illness is the cause of their bad decisions/actions, all they can think of is it being used as an excuse. Shows that they're not interested in the root of the problem in the first place.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Either you think it's her fault, or you don't. Either you think this "mental illness" strips them of their agency... or you don't.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Either you think it's her fault, or you don't. Either you think this "mental illness" strips them of their agency... or you don't.
I don't see it as a clear 100% guilty or 100% guilt free, more like a grey area. Takamine's a sex addict and making terrible life choices, but acting that way cause of a mental illness. She's not at fault for developing the condition, but is still somewhat accountable for her actions. I just don't think calling her a whore is fair considering she's doing it out of a mental condition rather than just for fun.

I don't see it as a clear 100% guilty or 100% guilt free, more like a grey area. Takamine's a sex addict and making terrible life choices, but acting that way cause of a mental illness. She's not at fault for developing the condition, but is still somewhat accountable for her actions. I just don't think calling her a whore is fair considering she's doing it out of a mental condition rather than just for fun.
Someone who beats his wife because he's drunk is a wife beater. Someone who beats his wife because he likes it is a wife beater. Someone who beats his wife because the voices in his head tell him she's cheating on him is still a wife beater. Also, she's a literal whore, on top of also being a slut.

Double-page supporter
Nobody chooses to be Autistic, but this lady definitely chose to be a hooker, among other things.
To be fair, while nobody chooses to have Autism you can definitely choose to not be a complete socially inept mentally ill broken beyond belief autist. I hate the idea and view normies have regarding disabilities of the mental-variety where it is "Oooh, he/she's autistic s/he can't heeeellllp it! You don't understand little Billy's autistic he couldn't NOT go apeshit and beat the teacher to near unconsciousness for taking his switch!!! You don't understand little Billy's autistic he doesn't understand boundaries and sexually harassed that girl because of his autism! Please understand he didn't mean to it was out of his control!" Like yeah, you can't choose what you're given but you can choose what you do and to infantilize Saito-san as this being who, because of her autism, had no control of her less than decent actions is just plain ignorant at best and condescending at worst. Crippling mento illnuses is a bitch, but goddamn it doesn't make you immune to choice and personal thought. Personally, I think Saito and Takamine are more similar than we think, they're both extremely broken, mentally ill women, who make horrible choices and do terrible things. The only difference is Saito mostly expresses her mental illness in destructive ways that are internal (involving self) while Takamine mostly expresses her mental illness in destructive ways that are external (involving others).

Last edited:
To be fair, while nobody chooses to be autistic but you can definitely choose to not be a completely socially inept mentally ill burden autist. I hate the idea that normies have regarding disabilities of the mental-variety where it is "Oooh, he/she's autistic s/he can't heeeellllp it! You don't understand little Billy's autistic he couldn't NOT go apeshit and beat the teacher to near unconsciousness for taking his switch!!! You don't understand little Billy's autistic he doesn't understand boundaries and sexually harassed that girl because of his autism! Please understand he didn't mean to." Like yeah, you can't choose what you're given but you can choose what you do and to infantilize Saito-san as this being who, because of her autism, had no control of her less than decent actions is just plain ignorant at best and condescending at worst.
Are you really trying to play the shame game here? All because I compared a developmental disorder to a series of poor life choices? If you're not, I'm not sure what that rant was supposed to be.

Double-page supporter
Are you really trying to play the shame game here? All because I compared a developmental disorder to a series of poor life choices? If you're not, I'm not sure what that rant was supposed to be.
No, I'm not shaming you I'm simply stating that equating to having autism as a complete inability to choice in one's action is incredibly ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread