Asper Kanojo - Vol. 9 Ch. 73 - The Red City part III

No, I'm not shaming you I'm simply stating that equating to having autism as a complete inability to choice in one's action is incredibly ignorant.
"I'm not shaming you, I'm just calling you ignorant in a public setting after I imagine you saying something I don't like"

Ok then...

Double-page supporter
"I'm not shaming you, I'm just calling you ignorant in a public setting after I imagine you saying something I don't like"

Ok then...
Come on man, you can't be that sensitive on a forum dedicated to Japanese comics. I meant ignorant as in "doesn't know" not "you're an idiot".

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The only ignorant one here is you, considering you've been arguing with that strawman for a bit now, entirely unaware.
Okay, this is getting a little too reddit for my tastes and clearly, I've struck a nerve. Let me explain myself. It's not so much that I argued because you said something I didn't like and therefore you're a dumbass (you aren't, don't worry baby), it's more so that you implied that somehow the destructive choices made by Takamine are her own choice she made and fault (she is.) yet any destructive choices made by Saito is are not choices she herself made and are only and solely because of her autism (she isn't). Maybe I read what you said wrong and I'm the one who's misunderstanding what you've said, if so, I apologize. However, if not, what I'm trying to explain is that Taka and Saito aren't all that different in the sense of the destructive choices and behaviors that they've made. How it is expressed? Absolutely, 100%. How they're made? No. Just because Saito has autism doesn't mean she's completely incapable of introspective choice and different from Takamine, she's not running on instinct like a dog. That's why I said it was ignorant of you. Autistic people are self aware of the choices that they make and if they're good or bad, mental illness doesn't excuse any of it.
As you've said before.
Ours is dysfunctional by chance, the other is by choice
When that isn't the case. Both women are horrifically dysfunctional by both choice and chance. Both are dysfunctional by chance (severe mental illnesses and horrible environments) and both are still dysfunctional by choice (self-destructive behaviors). I will say that, at the very least, Saito's way less dysfunctional now than Taka but she's still unstable as tissue on a river.

Last edited:
Okay, this is getting a little too reddit for my tastes and clearly, I've struck a nerve.
No, it started off Reddit, and you've been getting half of what you've given. No nerves have been struck. If you want to start a discussion, I suggest you leave you talk to the other guy, instead of ranting at your straw man.
It's not so much that I argued because you said something I didn't like and therefore you're a dumbass (you aren't, don't worry baby), it's more so that you implied that somehow the destructive choices made by Takamine are her own choice she made and fault (she is.) yet any destructive choices made by Saito is are not choices she herself made and are only and solely because of her autism (she isn't)
See? I may be a smug dickhead, but at least I wait until I've made sure I understand what the other guy is saying before I get annoying and sanctimonious. I said that despite Saitou having a developmental disorder that's out of her control, she's chosen to behave herself better than the other one, who, despite having every advantage Saitou doesn't have, choses to wallow in her own shit. Saitou can't tell what she's doing wrong half the time, but even in her stumblings, she's chosen to be the best version of herself she can be.

Double-page supporter
No, it started off Reddit, and you've been getting half of what you've given. No nerves have been struck. If you want to start a discussion, I suggest you leave you talk to the other guy, instead of ranting at your straw man.
Nah, I'll keep talking with you baby. And let's be real, getting called ignorant touched a nerve otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment. Reddit as you may be, this is interesting. Please, babygirl, read this carefully and don't speederad.
I said that despite Saitou having a developmental disorder that's out of her control, she's chosen to behave herself better than the other one, who, despite having every advantage Saitou doesn't have, choses to wallow in her own shit.
While yes, Saitou has a developmental disorder that's out of her control her action aren't out of her control. I'm not arguing that Takamine's better than Saitou, or that Takamine's actions were not of her own choice. However, you're looking at the two as if they're both the exact same person. When it comes down to it, Takamine's just as mentally fucked beyond repair, between mental illness and a shitty home enviroments. Only difference betwwen the two is that Takamine externalizes and has nobody while Saitou internalizes and has her own wrangler. I do not believe Takamine has an advantage over Saitou because she doesn't have autism or any developmental disorder. Even without such a disorder she's still as mental a nutcase as Saitou. The only advantage Takamine has is being able to talk to people without having a complete panic attack. Other than that, she is beyond fucked in terms of mental health. Consisering everything, to me it seems like Saitou has the advantage with not having to work much until recently and most importantly someone who supports her. Takamine and Saitou are in control of their actions, their actions that are destructive are wildily different, what influences their actions are quite similar. Absolute bonkers down the toilet mental illness. That's sort of why I don't like the whole Saitou > Takamine in terms of who is suffering more thing or that Takamine's inherently worse when they're both similar but just have different (or a lack of) support and enviorment. Takamine has a sex addiction because of a crippling sense of loneliness, depression, and possible other mental illness and Saitou, who has a laundry list of mental problems including depression on top of being on the spectrum, would probably almost instantaneously cut herself to the bone if she was ever abandoned again. Both are broken women who are on equal playing field in the brain department, different ones in the enviormental one.
Saitou can't tell what she's doing wrong half the time, but even in her stumblings, she's chosen to be the best version of herself she can be.
It appears I didn't misunderstand at all with what you've been saying. That brings me to my main point, it is the implication that you've made that because Saitou has autism her negative choices are out of her control while because Takamine doesn't have autism her actions are in her control is partially why I found you to be ignorant to the nuances of mental disorders, choice, and how they intertwine and how they differ between people. I do not agree with that idea that 'Saito can't tell what she's doing wrong' she absolutely can tell when she's doing something wrong or is choosing to do something bad, self destructive behavior and so on. Again, this is another thing I disagree with and ties to the entire point I'm trying to say and discuss. That Saitou has never been invulnerable to making choices of her own self introspection and thought. She hasn't, she hasn't ever been. Her crippling mental illnesses and developmental disability do have an incredibly high influence on her choice and action but they're not the creators of it.

So to summarize; mentall illness is of equal suffering whether you exterrnalize your self harm or internalize it, it's just that the results are what are different, your mental illness doesn't control you or your actions, neither girl is better or worse than the other in terms of mentalities and neither girl is inherently more advantaged becuase of a difference of mentality, Takamine's an interesting parallel to Saitou as it showcases the differences between having and not having a support group and mental illness.

See? I may be a smug dickhead, but at least I wait until I've made sure I understand what the other guy is saying before I get annoying and sanctimonious.
Well, at least you admit your crippling normie-redditness because starting off "See?! I may be a smug dickhead" is the most normie reddit thing imaginable, my little princess ❤️

Nah, I'll keep talking with you baby. And let's be real, getting called ignorant touched a nerve otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment. Reddit as you may be, this is interesting. Please, babygirl, read this carefully and don't speederad.

At this point, I'm clearly being trolled. I'm going to let this go.

Users who are viewing this thread