Assassin de Aru Ore no Sutetasu ga Yuusha Yori mo Akiraka ni Tsuyoi Nodaga

Dex-chan lover
I would read it if this were an official synopsis, but another edgy op isekai mc with an elf? I'm fine, thanks

Dex-chan lover
@SomeGuy1 I just thought that it's closer to what the people of that world wear, clearly not your average citizen, but soldiers or knights. If he looks more like one of those, it would be less conspicuous than wearing his school uniform, which would mark him as a summoned hero more than a giant neon sign would, at least for everyone in the castle. Then again, with maxed out stealth he could probably walk around in anything and, except for someone with a skill to see him, no one would bat an eye.

Fed-Kun's army
Enough with the joke blurbs. It was funny the first couple of times, but it's way overplayed now.

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221 Not if it's that ensamble he's wearing on the cover picture. That one screams... I dunno but it screams SOMETHING.

Dex-chan lover
The description was kindof cancer even as a joke description. I usually just skip isekai manga nowadays but i had to try this one because of that.
@serenata
From these 2 chapter, the MC is actually quite likeable. He's quiet and prefer to be alone sure, but not "edgy" craawling iin my skiin type. He's a good boy. For now anyway

Group Leader
For anybody wondering about the description... no, this isn't some kind of meta-isekai. That would actually be somewhat novel, like the one about the assassination team.

Where can i read the novel...cause i can't wait for one month again and fucking again for one freaking chapter... Most of the manga nowadays took one month or more then that and i can't understand why???? Anyways please tell me where can i read the novel if this manga has one.

@PapaPewds
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-status-as-an-assassin-obviously-exceeds-the-heros/ however the novel just started getting translated.

Fed-Kun's army
@Suisuigo I would honestly be careful with writing this off as not 'edgy'. The signs are all there. First apparently no one but the MC can smell fishiness. Secondly, costume choice. Third, constant "omg, what noobs" at all the other people.

Aggregator gang
Thank god I went into the comments section before the actual manga. I was about to take the description at face value and was ecstatic. I thought for a short moment that all of the paddling I've done on isekai manga's asses had finally sunk in and maybe I was about to see something good. But fuck me I guess. I'll just have to go back to re-reading the Moon-led Journey light novel again.

I simply don't see the appeal of this. I haven't read the thing and I know I could write a point-for-point plot synopsis because I could have written this. Yeah, when I first found isekai, I spent nights staring at my ceiling imagining if I was an isekai protagonist too. And my 12-year-old fantasies line up perfectly with what's constantly coming out every single week. So either these readers are actually so brain-dead that they can't see how predictable it all is. Or they're reading a story that already exists in their head, which is up there as one of the most pointless uses of your time possible.

I have to make this disclaimer every single post, but I don't hate isekai. I fucking love isekai. Even stuff as recent as Rougo Ni Sonaete and Faraway Paladin proved to me that isekai still has what it takes to make amazing stories. But how am I supposed to know what's a "Duke's Daughter" and what's a "Death March" (I hope to god you can tell by default which of those is the good one). I wish there was a category called "generic isekai" and "innovative, well-written isekai". Then I could embrace the latter without making eye-contact with the former.

Contributor
The description is the best part of this manga.

I agree with @Aretheus for the rest. Enough of these copy-paste isekai with op characters, videogame system and Harem, it's annoying as hell.

Man, I miss fantasy stories that didn't include isekai. Honestly, if half of the isekai stuff we see nowadays just removed the random Japanese guy and focused on the characters native to a unique world, we might be able to take Editor off of suicide watch.

Users who are viewing this thread