Assassin's Pride - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - The Golden Princess and the Silver Princess

Dex-chan lover
@ritoshishino It's not really about the desire to admire her. This ultimately stems from the fact that she didn't want to be the center of everyone's attention. She didn't want everyone placing all their hopes in her. Melida was such an attractive existence to her because she made her feel like she could just be herself and not have to worry about the expectations of everyone piling on her.

But we know what happened.

MD@Home
@ritoshishino
Slightly more twisted than that. On one hand, she wanted to be Melida's equal so they can stay together in life, on the other hand she wanted Melida to be stronger because she was using her as an emotional crutch. Recent events seemed to have shot both of her desires to hell (though good riddance for the latter I'd say).

Just a guess but yes she probably has fought without a sword. That’s like Spartan training and forgetting cardio, cardio beats chaos!

Dex-chan lover
Another thing to note is that the grand mission of protecting humanity doesn't mean a whole lot to people who are generally divorced from the masses of humanity they are supposed to protect
Not much skin in that game stuck up in the Canvells away from the laborers and farmers and miners

Dex-chan lover
when will that shitty hag die, there should be an arc specifically for her excruciating death

Dex-chan lover
YESSSS!!! i really loves when people fighting smartly

X33.png

reu

Dex-chan lover
@kamishiniyari Saying that just because the mangaka draws her with crazy eyes is kind of sad.
Read sirflimflam's comment. Melida was a toxic existance that prevented Elise from growing, the "hag's" actions are not somekind of powerplay but for Elise's own benefit and development - Which, through their roles as defenders of humanity's last bastion, are for the benefit and longevity of humanity as a whole.

Dex-chan lover
@reu
Melida was a toxic existance that prevented Elise from growing
Page 13 would seem to contradict that. Before she bonded with Melida her training wasn't going well and she had absolutely no motivation, because people like the hag just kept telling her that she had no purpose for existing other than her family's honor.

Yes, the paladins are super important. But somewhere along the line the whole family got it twisted. Instead of "We are important because we protect people" it just became "we are important". See: Melida's father setting it up so that she would get fucking murdered if she were ever in danger of damaging their reputation

reu

Dex-chan lover
@MrIncognito I don't see how a man wanting to get rid of the fruits of his wife's infidelity would be proof of a corrupted nobility.
It's not just a matter of honor or reputation, it's a massive betrayal. Especially when that man, more likely than not, faced massive amounts of backlash from marrying a commoner who he loved rather than having a political marriage - who knows what he had to sacrifice just to be with her? I'd bring out the knives too

And Melinda couldn't stand on her own, no amount of hiding behind Elise would help that. As we can she from how she manhandles anyone that isn't Melinda, the hag is clearly doing something right

Dex-chan lover
@reu
Ah, if you were just playing devil's advocate you should have said something sooner. Unless you actually would have a child assassinated for the crime of having a father that wasn't you. And were saying that a man that has the weight of the world on his shoulders has his family's daughter murdered in a very calculated way for purely emotional reasons.

Perhaps I'm just tired, but the rest of your post doesn't make any sense to me right now.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
As far as I know, the old ugly bitch hasn't had her comeuppance yet. I'm not up to date with the latest of the novels, though, so, take that with a grain of salt. Her methods of pushing Ellie to her limits are good, but unfortunately, she's been shackled by a deep resentment for the main family (I hope the manga/novels expound on this in the future - it'd be interesting to see the background of why she has so much bittterness). Ellie is just shy and doesn't like to stand out (as somebody mentioned before) and Lita is pretty much one of those natural born leaders but she's also had to work extremely hard to develop herself. Ellie wants to be strong, but she doesn't want to be stronger than Lita. She wants to stand by Lita's side, but she doesn't want to be stronger. I think she'd even be fine with being weaker than Lita, but definitely doesn't want to be stronger. Contrary to what somebody said earlier, Lita is actually good for Ellie. Ellie's not a leader and it's hard for her to think for herself. She can do it, but it's not what she naturally is bent to do. She wants to follow a strong person (Lita). She wants to just do what somebody tells her to do. Lita is a person who can figure things out and wants to protect people and has a fairly charismatic personality. Even though she's not the Duke's natural daughter, she has it inside of her to lead and protect. Ellie started focusing more after she met Lita and had a purpose in life. When she finally saw that Lita didn't seem to have any mana, she was pretty much heartbroken and saw her dream of standing by Lita and protecting what's important to them die. She was basically just going through the motions again. And as you'll see after this fight, She'll get back her spark and motivation after this. (not gonna give any details, but it's a good story arc). Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Sorry for that, but I really like this series a lot.

tl;dr Melida is good for Elise and the old hag needs to lose the bitterness.

Fed-Kun's army
It's not often you get the "men fight on a riverbank at sunset to communicate with their fists" vibe from cute girls who finna be friends. 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread