Assassin's Pride - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - The Golden Princess and the Silver Princess

Dex-chan lover
@reu
Care to show me some proof of Melida hiding behind Elise?
Physically or metaphorically, either is fine.
Because what you are describing sounds more like Elise than Melida.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag that's what the last two chapters were about, about Elise's dependency on Melinda
Just look at last chapter's first page https://mangadex.org/chapter/947516/1

reu

Dex-chan lover
@MrIncognito well anytime I see such a biased depiction I get the urge to look through the villain eyes . I get that that can get annoying
But it's not just "a child", it's his heir and legacy. The daughter of a love marriage who turned out to not be his. A commoner could afford to let her be, a noble no.
There's the honor and name of the angel family, and behind all that there's the massive betrayal from his dead wife.

Dex-chan lover
@reu
And Melinda couldn't stand on her own, no amount of hiding behind Elise would help that. As we can she from how she manhandles anyone that isn't Melinda, the hag is clearly doing something right
You said this, not me.
I know that the last two chapters are about Elise and why she is the way she is.
That's where my confusion comes in, you point at Melida (not Melinda btw) and say she is doing everything that Elise is doing.

Dex-chan lover
I'll never forgive how the anime crunched this entire arc of Melida fighting Eli's shattered dreams and overcoming her insecurities and rising against impossible odds using her brains, timing, and bareknuckled beatdown into only a single episode of action

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag Your confusion comes from me being a retard and switching the names around
I meant that "Elise couldn't stand on her own, no amount of hiding behind Melida would help that"

Also I wonder why the tlrs didn't romanize her name as "Melinda", an actual name that seems to be what the mangaka/novelist was going for

Dex-chan lover
To add on to this convo, I will explain some very very minor LN spoilers (that we have not yet gotten to in the manga, and no I will not talk about whether Melida is legitimate or not)
Hostility in regards to Fergus's side of the family:
There was a lot of opposition to Fergus marrying Melida's mother, Melinoa. And yes, he did love her, but there's a persistent line of thought within the upper echelons of Flandor that encourages mana users to marry other mana users. "Supposedly" it strengthens the children, but there is no definitive proof. Very little overall is understood about mana even after all this time.
As far as we have seen within in the manga, it's Melida's civilian grandfather that is sending out the assassins for her life, not her father, Fergus.
About Moldrew, the grandfather:
He was already a highly accomplished arms merchant before Melinoa married Fergus, and became president of one of the three greatest arms manufacturing companies in Flandor afterwards because of the prestige and access to money.
I will say that Fergus's feelings about Melida are
messy and harsh
because
he's mad

@ESCrowe
To explain better, according Mordrew:
Fergus fell in love at first sight with Melinoa, who apparently is a lot like Melida when she was young in LN.7. The reason why he was cold towards Melida was because he still misses deeply her mother and is afraid to love her child who might not be his. It was revealed later on he was secretly watching over her and was possibly aware of Kufa being a white night assassin as Almedia, Mule's mother and his longtime friend, hinted when she was sent to help them when they were force to hide.
& just in case you might had missed the manga part where,
Jin was also the former heir from an aristocrat family. But for some reason, he didn't have his mana awaken despite having both parent from a noble family so they abandoned him in a remote village. In LN 7, he said there are other children like him hidden in Flandor cause they either kept hidden from the societies or discarded like in his case

@reu
If that's what the author was going for, they would've used メリンダ instead of メリダ. Looking at all the other names, can you really say they were going for actual names?

reu

Dex-chan lover
Well, and now I feel like I'm being a contrarian cunt, especially since I can't read nip, yes
Elise, Rosetti, Othello, William, Salacha, Stachie(Stacie?), Lacey, Nerva, Almedia,Moldrew(Muldrew?), Brad, Charlotte, Fergus, Serge are all real names

If the standard is "has been used as a name at some point", Melida is also a real name.

Dex-chan lover
In the next episode:
9265c5890fb55c12fd277dfdbf9381532b2d4456_hq.gif

See? The manga is so much better than the anime. I knew that the story is really good but the anime just ruined literally all of it😐

Users who are viewing this thread