Assassin's Pride - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - Resolve

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Kuufa might face another fight he can't win without using his real power. Luckily it's in an even more godforsaken place than last time, so witnesses should be scarce.

Fed-Kun's army
so the manga is still behind the anime by a few chapters now but it still has better development than the anime had

Fed-Kun's army
Even if they delay the withdraw of her eventually Kufa would need to go Vampire to save her of this political thing.

MD@Home
The security of important places seems to be quite lacking in this world.

Dex-chan lover
> I'll be forced to kill her if she fails, because that's what her family paid the guild for.
>next chapter
>MELIDA IS MY LIGHT MY LOVE MY ANGEL MUST PROTECT AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF I BECOME A DEMON!!!!!!

I seriously can not understand the protagonist's motives.

@Rozzak ,
Logic is simple - he swore to himself that he will bet everything and do anything if he sees potential in her and if not - he will kill her with his own hands. That is what exactly the title says - this is his pride as an assassin. That is not his problem that others don't see her potential

Double-page supporter
I hope Melida's real father is a good guy bc this douche won't even care about her or give her a chance

Dex-chan lover
@WitchKing
Does it matter though? His mission was awaken her potential, proving she was her father's child and not cause him further shame or whatever... But if her dad's saying he doesn't give a shit about that anymore then time to pack your bags and go home. Jobs canceled buddy.

Aggregator gang
@Rozzak Kufa projects himself and his dead mother upon Melida. He wants her to have the life he (and his mother) never had, loved and respected by everyone while holding her head up with dignity and pride. This complements her dream. Kufa has basically made Melida the cornerstone for his own happiness.

The entire assassination job is based on Melida being confirmed (or at least widely perceived) to be proof of her mother's infidelity. So far, the Duke isn't buying into the rumors that she isn't his child, only that the gossip itself is threatening his place in society. Kufa thus sees a chance to bargain for more time to stamp out the chatter and prove her worth as an Angel. The game's not done yet.

Of course, his attachment is also clearly developing into romantic affection, so it's becoming harder and harder to imagine him ultimately defaulting to killing her and wiping the slate clean. He is in too deep.

Dang with each new chapter I’m dying to see the next one, this is a really good read.
Once again putting that sham of an anime to shame, thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread