Astral Online - Maou no Noroi de Saikyou Bishoujo ni natta Ore, Saijaku Shoku da ga Cheat Skill de Chou Seichou shite Musou suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I really don't get how a VR headset and controller could change someone's sex and appearance.

That didn't happen in Only Sense Online.

Shiori, why the hell are you like that?
I guess there is a 2nd one. Not going to name it.
If it's not hentai, could you please enlighten us?

Dex-chan lover
The most novel thing to me is that the MC was ready to go to the hospital after a single sentence. Fully ready to listen to imouto if that was for the best.

Dex-chan lover
... so, realistic or not? If it's going the realism route, he/she would need to go to the toilet because the bladder is different for men & women
If they went with realism, then both the MC and his sister would instantly searched + contacted the company who made the game, and ask for their responsibility, instead of keep playing the game.

Like, both of them were clearly doesn't consider gender change a big thing, which is kinda baffling, TBH. And IF their parents somehow also reacted the same, then I dunno what to say...

we've definitely not seen any manga where the MC gets gender bent into a silver-haired girl in the game and either can't log out or is turned into a girl IRL, this plot is completely novel
Like this one? (But it got axed though)

Dex-chan lover
It still isn't unique though. I know of at least 2 other series that use the "VR genderswap forces IRL genderswap" bit, and they're both older than this one.

If you get hung up over the fact that a series leans into tropes/cliches and isn't completely original, then you should just stop reading altogether. Every unique story has already been written, and every new story going to end up using tropes and cliches because the elements that work have already been used often enough to become a trope or cliche. This holds true for every genre of every literary medium.
There will always be new combinations of attributes to make new tropes. And tropes themselves have varying levels of popularity.

But yeah, people get overly anal about a story having a popular trope, when tropes really do not matter. What makes a story good, is good world building, good characters, and good writing.

Take something like One Piece. Which at a glance is just your standard Shonen story chock full of tropes left and right. Yet it is considered one of the greatest manga to ever be created, because the author embraces tropes and plays with them and audiences expectations. He develops a vast world with lots of different characters and good writing.

Or even better take something like Avatar the Last Airbender. Which is INCREDIBLY cliche and trope laden. The only thing it really does original, is merging elemental telekinetic sorcery with distinct martial arts movements. It's most beloved story arc, Zukos character development, is textbook example of the prodigal son trope, and exiled prince cliche.

The Story is great because it is well written, with fantastic worldbuilding, with distinctive(even if most are cliche) characters.

Anyways back to reading the story where the MC gender is transformed into a silver haired loli vampire girl with the unpopular alchemist support mage job, by the god programmers demon king after being sent to a distant place far from the beginners starting place.(cough with a sister who also plays the game and enjoys having a new sister, and 2 friends who play the tank and mage/swordsman)

Dex-chan lover
Why is it always white hair?
Because it pairs well with heterochromia, and/or vampire girl and/or angel girl.

Though a real answer would be white/blonde hair is far less work to draw/shade, and is more novel for a predominately black haired society.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the scanlation!!! Wish I could turn into a young cute girl too....

Users who are viewing this thread