Astral Online - Maou no Noroi de Saikyou Bishoujo ni natta Ore, Saijaku Shoku da ga Cheat Skill de Chou Seichou shite Musou suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
we've definitely not seen any manga where the MC gets gender bent into a silver-haired girl in the game and either can't log out or is turned into a girl IRL, this plot is completely novel

Dex-chan lover
Okay yeah, suddenly this story did something to stand out. That it wasn't even that big a change to be original is all the more damning of all other me-toos in this cliche-genre.

Though I'd like it if the imouto had more focus than those two interchangeable guys.

Dex-chan lover
Okay yeah, suddenly this story did something to stand out. That it wasn't even that big a change to be original is all the more damning of all other me-toos in this cliche-genre.

Though I'd like it if the imouto had more focus than those two interchangeable guys.
It still isn't unique though. I know of at least 2 other series that use the "VR genderswap forces IRL genderswap" bit, and they're both older than this one.

If you get hung up over the fact that a series leans into tropes/cliches and isn't completely original, then you should just stop reading altogether. Every unique story has already been written, and every new story going to end up using tropes and cliches because the elements that work have already been used often enough to become a trope or cliche. This holds true for every genre of every literary medium.

Dex-chan lover
If you get hung up over the fact that a series leans into tropes/cliches and isn't completely original, then you should just stop reading altogether. Every unique story has already been written, and every new story going to end up using tropes and cliches because the elements that work have already been used often enough to become a trope or cliche. This holds true for every genre of every literary medium.
Bruh, what a way to put words in my mouth and jump to the most extreme possible conclusions based on it.

If you care about what my opinions are about such things, ask for them. Until then have your fun yelling in the void.

Dex-chan lover
interested
i was thinking that it would be like other VRMMORPG manga with the main mc being a girl despite being a boy
but this one mc turned into a girl in-game and irl
havent read one like this before

Dex-chan lover
I thought he wouldn't be able to logout because the demon king said that he wouldn't be able to leave that world. lmao

Dex-chan lover
Imagine they do happen in real life, haha... there would be too much degeneracy.

image.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bruh, what a way to put words in my mouth and jump to the most extreme possible conclusions based on it.

If you care about what my opinions are about such things, ask for them. Until then have your fun yelling in the void.
Now you're the one putting words in people's mouths. I merely made a statement because there are people that abhor stories that are not 100% original and tear into anyone that does like the series, quite a few of them actually, and they're everywhere in the comments of these isekai-ish series. If you aren't that kind of person then that statement simply does not apply to you.

I must say though, for someone that supposedly doesn't care that much about reused tropes you sure were vocal about how glad you were when you thought the series was doing something new.

Dex-chan lover

Honestly, the most original part of it so far is that the MC was vaguely realistic about how difficult the IRL situation would be . . . I'm just hoping the story doesn't end up overly focused on the in-game stuff (or on the details of the game world - that shit gets ooooold way too quickly).

Dex-chan lover
Now you're the one putting words in people's mouths. I merely made a statement because there are people that abhor stories that are not 100% original and tear into anyone that does like the series, quite a few of them actually, and they're everywhere in the comments of these isekai-ish series. If you aren't that kind of person then that statement simply does not apply to you.

I must say though, for someone that supposedly doesn't care that much about reused tropes you sure were vocal about how glad you were when you thought the series was doing something new.
You know what, that's fair. If you'll believe me, I actually dislike such people myself. The ones who snark and dismiss everything out of hand. Like people can't seem to understand that "isekai" has been with us for a very damn long time. Like, Wizard of Oz is a proper isekai story. With gender bender elements no less, going further into later books. That's well over a century old too.

But I DO find it frustrating how often the tropes aren't innovated on despite how easy it would be to do so. There is a very odd stagnation with this genre in particular. Like for instance, isn't it odd how much isekai gender bender involves the protagonist having silver hair? I can name at least four such manga and they all involve a silver-haired gender bender with some degree of cheat powers.

So yeah, at this point anything off the template I find refreshing. Because I believe very strongly in the power of this genre and its potential. If you feel the same way, we're comrades not rivals. ^_^

Dex-chan lover
... so, realistic or not? If it's going the realism route, he/she would need to go to the toilet because the bladder is different for men & women

Dex-chan lover
Daanng. This was a nice find, more so with the quality TL and at such a speed... It's incomparable to some of those large scan groups out there.

Thank you for your work, time and effort put into this, it is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread