Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Flashback

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm. I assumed she had autism and he had aspergers. I have aspergers also and he seems to like up well with me.

Aggregator gang
@luckpack sure, but if it wasn't him, who would love her? Maybe she could find some other man who was just like Yokoi and treats her right, but why go through that when Yokoi is right there with her?
Don't get me wrong "Man helps mentally damaged woman recover and then she becomes his loving wife and the end" is very easy to write like shit and turn out schlock, but I think this manga is one of the very few that's riding the line perfectly and having an acceptable romance without going into wish-fulfillment shit.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
@RedOnYellow uh, except she's cute(of course) and the guy somehow is a master psychologist. He is not fazed by anything - not even a borderline stalker fan showing up at his door saying sup I'm gonna live with you now - and immediately solves every problem she has.

The only reason why you can't call it "wish fulfillment" is because most people don't know how to handle crazy people so they can't self-insert. But it's still pretty damn cheesy.

Or I guess, you could say it's "wish fulfillment" but from her perspective.

Dex-chan lover
@luckpack Why exactly would he take care of her in the long run otherwise? The tiny room isn't suited for two people, she already hampered his job, there's a distinct probability she could cause a huge problem for him if she decided to kill herself while he was out. Romantic love is a selfish affair anyway, so what's wrong about imagining it? Considering their personalities and problems, their chances of finding a partner are low as it is, without special circumstances.

Like it or not, millions of years of evolution have created that inevitable search for romance (reproduction). Otherwise we would be extinct already. That's why we have seen it a million times before and will see it even more times in the future unless WW3 wipes us all out.

Sure, not every story needs a romance, but this is a story about a guy and a girl not too far apart in ages ending up living in the same apartment, with them having some interest in each other. That's all. There's no other story here. Even the dude working on doujin isn't really the main focus, so this isn't going on about it like Bakuman or something. This isn't a story about a psychiatrist working on various mental disorder patient cases, either.

Contributor
This manga would be great to be adapted into live action, might not sell well but the story so far seems pretty interesting mmm...

Dex-chan lover
@luckpack I haven't read the series you mentioned, so I can't say much in response. Do the teacher and student end up living together? Well, in any case, the teacher obviously is a fine teacher who feels responsible for the youths under him. That could be the story. They aren't just random strangers if they are a teacher and a student. If they aren't living under the same roof, their interdependency is much, much lower. In this series the MCs have nothing external binding them. They aren't students desperately needing an apartment suddenly in order to attend their school. There's no particular reason for them to live in the same apartment apart from Megumi being so interested in the dude she wants to stay there. And the dude not hating her, so he allows it.

I don't define people (or characters) by their health, be it mental or bodily, especially if we aren't talking about some Hannibal Lecter. They are still humans, even if they carry an extra burden compared to an average joe and jane. Nothing suggests the main characters in this work would want their lives to be centered around their psychological/psychiatric conditions. They just can't help it affecting their lives majorly. I'd rather see them live to their best ability and become happy regardless of their difficulties than have their whole lives be about nothing but their problems. That'd be no life in the first place, it'd be just a slow death.

Aggregator gang
@luckpack
How do you not see how crazy it is to compare a student/teacher relationship to a relationship between two adults?

People aren't static either. They can't be like this forever. If there is no relationship, either he somehow does some Tal No Jitsu and convinces her parents to stop treating her like shit and leaves her with them, or he magically finds someone else to leave her to. He's not going to remain a single loveless adult man for the rest of his life, as relatable as that would be to the majority of posters here.

Double-page supporter
This is a pretty accurate description of a moderate to severe panic attack, as one who occasionally suffers from them. The way I like to describe it is that you are in a constant state of fight-or-flight response, but you have no recognizable cause of it from your senses. It's pretty torturous, having the contradiction of having no source as the basis for the instinctual process you're going through.

Double-page supporter
@BCS idk. At least from what I know personally, sometimes when you're in a state of depression or just extreme disdain for your life circumstances, nothing really fazes you much. It's kinda like, well nothing really interests me, but this thing/person is really strange and new and I kind of want to know more. I get where the MC is coming from and I don't think the way he acts is strange, at least for who he is. It might be strange for most other people however. I guess maybe you could call it wish fulfillment, but we wouldn't be reading this manga right now if we didn't like it in some way, or if it didn't fulfill our own desire somehow.

Anywho, I thought this chapter was really good.

I like this, The Depiction of a Capable Independent Living Man Taking Care of a Girl with Special Needs, it warms but also pains my chest a bit

as that said I also envied it because I'm kinda the opposite of that guy, sure I live alone, I have RentHouse that I could say Manage and getting paid from the tenants, but I'm also kinda special needs person too heh, I have Immune Deficiency and it holds me back from social gatherings, experiences make me lose trust in human except family, even I don't tell things to them, I just don't trust them in a way

anyway if you're reading this I hope you live your live Strong Mindedly and Bravely of whatever Life's throwing at you

Users who are viewing this thread