Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Flashback

Fed-Kun's army
@iqbalfauzana

I think it's just other countries. Judging by your name, you're Indonesian, aren't you? that country is a mess but not as much as America

@iqbalfauzana

I think its against the law to ride two people on a scooter, rather than not having the technology. In america, in my state, you can’t have someone ride the back of your bicycle

@ Iqbalfauzana Hmm i guess maybe machined scooters are normally not that good for the weight of two unlike a motorcycle

He is honestly so great!! It really warms my hand. I can never empathise since I do not have any, but having learning difficulties is so so hard :( great manga to really see their point of view

It's... funny how much feeling represented can mean to people. You see it all the time on Twitter with many groups craving for representation in what they consume and clearly for our FL she desperately craves being seen and not feeling alone. I have autism myself and I can't recall relating to many if any characters at all, and while I have related to traits in characters I've never full-on have related to a character. Autism tends to be poorly displayed in a lot of media and even when it is done well I struggle to even like the autistic character. Big reason why is most of these characters tend to be children or teenagers and these characters give me major secondhand embarrassment, all it does is remind me of a time I was clownish blight on the people around me, not knowing when to shut up about Sonic the Hedgehog and being easily rattled. I unfortunately didn't really fully absorb social do's and don'ts until my mid-20s and even then I constantly question if I sound normal and not like there is something wrong with me. I guess my point is that I've become numb to the idea of representation and I'm honestly just... used to not being seen and understood.

Reading this manga so far has been a real treat since I honestly haven't felt any secondhand embarrassment and I have fun seeing her autistic traits show up and relating to them. I haven't resonated with a character like this before and it feels... really nice, honestly it makes me understand Twitter's unquenchable thirst for representation; it feels good. Hope this feeling stays.

Users who are viewing this thread