Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 10 Ch. 76 - Sex (First Half)

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean?
The series was absolutely excellent when the first editor was in position; it has become a dumpster fire. (People who enjoy dumpster fires will insist that the series has maintained its quality or got still better. shrug ) Evidently, the first editor kept the author's worst tendencies in-check, and the later editor or editors have not done so.

Was an explanation truly needed, even for those who enjoy dumpster fires?

Dex-chan lover
The series was absolutely excellent when the first editor was in position; it has become a dumpster fire. (People who enjoy dumpster fires will insist that the series has maintained its quality or got still better. shrug ) Evidently, the first editor kept the author's worst tendencies in-check, and the later editor or editors have not done so.

Was an explanation truly needed, even for those who enjoy dumpster fires?
He wouldn't be asking you why you're asserting it became a "dumpster fire" if he already knew what you meant.

Dex-chan lover
He wouldn't be asking you why you're asserting it became a "dumpster fire" if he already knew what you meant.
  1. People ask rhetorical questions all the time; sometimes decently but often passive-aggressively.
  2. He didn't ask why I'd called it a dumpster fire, because I'd not yet gone that far.

Dex-chan lover
  1. People ask rhetorical questions all the time; sometimes decently but often passive-aggressively.
  2. He didn't ask why I'd called it a dumpster fire, because I'd not yet gone that far.
Firstly, you don't have any present reason to believe that question was asked in bad faith.

Secondly, you're aware of what he was asking from you-- you even questioned why you need to explain your assertion (as if others can read your mind or intrinsically see what you see).

Dex-chan lover
Firstly, you don't have any present reason to believe that question was asked in bad faith.
My reason was that it queried the meaning of an assertion the meaning of which was rather obvious.
Secondly, you're aware of what he was asking from you
Yes, but you misrepresented his query as if it were about my remarks subsequent to his query.
as if others can read your mind or intrinsically see what you see
No, merely as if people should understand the plain meaning of words. The two people who reacted positively to my comment before his query did not read my mind, and if mind-reading were necessary, then his query and your pontifications would be pointless, as all that we have here are words.

Dex-chan lover
My reason was that it queried the meaning of an assertion the meaning of which was rather obvious.
If the meaning is obvious, then there was no point in using more words to express the same idea with no actual elaboration.

You already know that he knows what you mean by what you say, and that he's asking why you're saying it.

That's why you asked "Was an explanation truly needed, even for those who enjoy dumpster fires?" (pointing to your appraisal of the work and not the mere meaning of your assertion) instead of questioning whether a simple assertion with such an obvious intrinsic meaning merited elaboration on said meaning.

Yes, but you misrepresented his query as if it were about my remarks subsequent to his query.
There's no functional difference between your usage of the terms "catastrophic" and "dumpster fire". Again, you said the same thing twice, with more words the second time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

No, merely as if people should understand the plain meaning of words. The two people who reacted positively to my comment before his query did not read my mind, and if mind-reading were necessary, then his query and your pontifications would be pointless, as all that we have here are words.
You know, instead of getting into some retarded argument on the internet, you could have just explained yourself. If you didn't want to answer the question, you could have saved the valuable joules it took for you to think of this stupid non-answer, type it out, send it over the internet, etc. and just stared at a wall or something.

Also: Use shorter words. You sound like a guy who speaks English as a second language and never got around to learning vernacular.

Dex-chan lover
If the meaning is obvious, then there was no point in using more words to express the same idea with no actual elaboration.
Sadly, as you already know, refusal to explain the obvious usually provokes sophistry about the refusal. Further, the unlikely is not always impossible, perhaps he were genuinely cognitively impaired to the point that what were obvious to most people were not to him.
You already know that he knows what you mean by what you say, and that he's asking why you're saying it.
No, I don't know that (though, when I get to his next comment, I may learn as much). All that I have are his words. But, if he really didn't intend what his words meant, that increases the plausibility that he were not sincere.
That's why you asked "Was an explanation truly needed, even for those who enjoy dumpster fires?" (pointing to your appraisal of the work and not the mere meaning of your assertion) instead of questioning whether a simple assertion with such an obvious intrinsic meaning merited elaboration on said meaning.
First, note that you've tripped yourself up concerning your earlier claim
(even setting aside the anachronism about dumpster fires). Second, no, I didn't know that he didn't intend what he asked, I merely had some suspicion of a lack of sincerity.
There's no functional difference between your usage of the terms "catastrophic" and "dumpster fire".
No, “dumpster fire” is definitely more precise. A story can go badly in many ways, not all deserving of contempt. Some stories are even noble failures.
You know, instead of getting into some retarded argument on the internet
The reason that I'm in a retarded argument on the Internet is that you and Eighty-six want an argument and are conducting yourselves badly.
you could have just explained yourself
I did. I also expressed skepticism that you needed an answer for the question that you asked.
If you didn't want to answer the question
I answered the question that you asked.
you could have saved the valuable joules it took for you to think of this stupid non-answer
What would be stupid would be asking a different question than you intend, or attempting a bit of cheap sophistry without any clue about your respondent.
Also: Use shorter words. You sound like a guy who speaks English as a second language and never got around to learning vernacular.
Point-out the words that are too long, so that we can laugh at you.

Dex-chan lover
It's telling that, even after what was asked was made certain, you still prefer playing dead-end games in the margins of reason rather than just answering-- or declining to answer-- a simple and clear question in a topical way.

It comes off as a distraction from some paradoxical shame about the innards of your own opinions, despite you being willing to announce that they at least exist.

Dex-chan lover
It's telling that, even after what was asked was made certain, you still prefer playing dead-end games in the margins of reason rather than just answering-- or declining to answer-- a simple and clear question in a topical way.

It comes off as a distraction from some paradoxical shame about the innards of your own opinions, despite you being willing to announce that they at least exist.
Nah. I refuse to pretend that some question other than what was actually asked was clearly intended, in order to help either of you save face. It's just that simple. If either of you wanted a different discussion, then that one of you should have proceeded honorably from the outset.

Dex-chan lover
Nah. I refuse to pretend that some question other than what was actually asked was clearly intended, in order to help either of you save face.
Again, the intended meaning of the question has since been made clear to you, regardless of whether it was clear to you from the outset. You still refuse to answer the question instead of playing your games, presumably because you're ashamed of the opinions you somehow still want to let people know you have.

Dex-chan lover
Again, the intended meaning of the question has since been made clear to you, regardless of whether it was clear to you from the outset.
It was made clear not by your sophistry, but by a thoroughly insulting comment from BuyVelomobiles. So I'm supposed to answer it then because…? Let's recall what I said in my immediately previous comment:
If either of you wanted a different discussion, then that one of you should have proceeded honorably from the outset.
You don't get rewarded for the behavior in which you've engaged.
presumably because you're ashamed of the opinions
No. Because I'm not helpful to people who behave as you have. Again, it's very simple:
If either of you wanted a different discussion, then that one of you should have proceeded honorably from the outset.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sure Yokoi actually wouldn't want Megumi dabbling in adult entertainment. I can understand why he said otherwise since he's likely thinking "if I tell her how I really feel what if she interprets that as me being unsupportive of her endeavor to gain some semblance of financial independence."

But I could be putting words in his mouth and he'd honestly be ok with it (which would make me go 🤨 but regardless). Now as for whether he made the right choice or not we'll have to see.

Thank you for the translation.
Yall just oblivious about what working in the adult industry in Japan means and what is like. Firstly, because it's really restricted, and not everything is directly about sex.
She could do a miriad of jobs related to the adult industry, and it still wouldn't actually be sex related.
I think the problem with that kind of job would've her mental state, but he autism. Sex is directly related to romantic interactions, and in her mind that doesn't seem to be case completely. If she can't keep a conversation with a guy, it's gonna be hard for her to last in the industry.
If you look at the neighbor, she seems more "sophisticated" now, which could mean she's probably doing paid dating, and not directly sex work.
Yokoi also has his own issues, and he said that he wanted more options too; so he could actually be okay with it because he also doesn't completely see the romantic factor, and thus doesn't see it as an issue. Let's not forget they're technically dating, yet nothing about their relationship is exactly common or average.

Dex-chan lover
The loss of the first editor has been catastrophic for this series.
From this comment, I can tell that there was a change of editors, and that the change resulted in negative (according to the commentor's opinion) shift in the manga's quality. The clarifications that could be asked for are either a) about some special insights on the change of editors (like, were there any circumstances that led to the change, was the first editor someone special etc) or b) about the commentor's opinion itself, i.e. which elements of the manga he now perceives as bad.
Can you please give us clarifications on either of the points in need of clarification?

Dex-chan lover
The clarifications that could be asked for are either a) about some special insights on the change of editors (like, were there any circumstances that led to the change, was the first editor someone special etc) or b) about the commentor's opinion itself, i.e. which elements of the manga he now perceives as bad.
Can you please give us clarifications on either of the points in need of clarification?
Well, I can only guess as to why the first editor left.

But, under the first editor, this series was a fascinating story of a man struggling with a huge handicap then taking-on care for a young woman with a similar handicap but more pronounced dysfunction (at least in part for environmental reasons). The male main character lacked a natural, unconscious understanding of human interaction, but he compensated by consciously working-out the whys-and-wherefores, and in some cases his insight even made him better with human interaction than would be an ordinary person.

Almost immediately after the editor left, the story became more focussed upon repugnant things, as if the author were perversely attracted to them and wants to normalize that attraction. Worse, the male main character has become decreasingly adept at conscious understanding; quite simply, he's doing evermore stupid things that are not consonant with how he behaved when the first editor was providing guidance.

Addendum: And, no. I'm not going to discuss these issues with either of those two dishonorable commentors if one or both of them inject themselves into this subthread.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It was made clear not by your sophistry, but by a thoroughly insulting comment from BuyVelomobiles. So I'm supposed to answer it then because…? Let's recall what I said in my immediately previous comment:
You could have answered the original question, which was completely unambiguous, and entirely neutral. The second post was also neutral, but again, you chose to take offense.

Being retarded on the internet is a choice, and you've decided to do it every single chance you've gotten. (That's what an insult looks like, by the way)

Stop it; Get some help. Stop turning everything into a slight, and talk like a normal human being.

Dex-chan lover
Yall just oblivious about what working in the adult industry in Japan means and what is like. Firstly, because it's really restricted, and not everything is directly about sex.
She could do a miriad of jobs related to the adult industry, and it still wouldn't actually be sex related.
I think the problem with that kind of job would've her mental state, but he autism. Sex is directly related to romantic interactions, and in her mind that doesn't seem to be case completely. If she can't keep a conversation with a guy, it's gonna be hard for her to last in the industry.
If you look at the neighbor, she seems more "sophisticated" now, which could mean she's probably doing paid dating, and not directly sex work.
Yokoi also has his own issues, and he said that he wanted more options too; so he could actually be okay with it because he also doesn't completely see the romantic factor, and thus doesn't see it as an issue. Let's not forget they're technically dating, yet nothing about their relationship is exactly common or average.
I mean...I know sex doesn't encompass all of adult entertainment. I could be putting words in his mouth like I said, but I don't believe Yokoi would be comfortable having Megumi do adult entertainment, sexual or not.

And, frankly speaking, Megami can't hold much of a conversation with anyone that isn't Yokoi or her mom, so she's gonna struggle in any industry regardless (you can't escape working alongside others, even if you're self-employed to a certain degree).

Also the notion that sex is "directly related to romantic interactions" is not entirely true. You can have sex that isn't romantic where the people involved don't really "love" each other in the way we all tend to think.

Users who are viewing this thread