Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - 120 Yen

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Someone explain to a boomer this whole writing impressions for money thing

Should I tell you about a
Bitcoin and trading on exchange? you can get money easily from that.

Fed-Kun's army
50 yen? 1000 a month? Ridiculous. I keep thinking there has to be a zero missing there.

To put this into perspective, a bottle of beverage from a vending machine costs around 100 yen. A bento box from a convenience store is 200–500 yen. Even if you drink tap water and only eat rice, noodles, and the cheapest veggies you can find, you're still looking at roughly 6000 yen a month at the bare minimum—just for essential nutrition. Even 10000 a month is living in poverty. I have no idea why anyone would do anything for that wage if you're basically spending more energy making that review than you're making back.

Double-page supporter
120 yen may be small in the big picture, but for the small world of these two, it's a big impact in both of their lives. Heartwarming 120 yen.

@moozooh This isn't a wage, she is not employed by them. Normally, posting reviews or blog entries would be free, of course they wouldn't give you a lot in a site that pays you.
@BCS Think Yelp, or some blogging platform from the earlier days of the internet: they have(had) no trouble getting people to post there for free. For Yelp, that is a positive: the more reviewers that post reviews on Yelp, the more trust Yelp can project and the more people use Yelp.
Similarly, a site like this is like Yelp, but they actively give you money to write on their platform as a way to attract people. Of course, they make more money from you than they give, but it's a win-win: they have more content for people to browse, meaning they get more exposure for their advertisers, and you aren't posting your shit for free. It goes without saying that if you made it big and created your own platform, you'd make a lot more money, but the point of this wasn't really to make Megumi an influencer or whatever.
It's a way to make her feel better about herself while also alleviating a bit on the cost of her meds.
Apparently, there are a lot of sites that pay people to write essays and shit, but for this level of pay, it's clearly not meant to be a full-time occupation. It makes sense to me because if the site wasn't there, you more than likely would have been doing the same for free in your blog. Might as well make 50 yen back.

Fed-Kun's army
@JGCR
That doesn't explain why both of them are so excited about what is basically negative net income.

The more I read this series the more of a depressing hell-hole of slavery Japan turns out to be

I just listened to Cry Baby and I can almost imagine how Megumi's singing voice would sound like.

Group Leader
hlS7sFy.png

@moozooh The benefits seem to be more psychological -- Megumi gets to feel productive and useful -- than financial; it'd be nice if Megumi eventually became good enough to earn a living wage off of her writing, but for now it's probably enough for her to have something to do that doesn't make her too anxious. It's also a good way for her to learn to handle rejection while working.

Users who are viewing this thread