Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Yokoi's Dad

Those are quite the pointed questions his father asked.
The sharpness and experience of his age shows with how quick he was on gitting the gist of her personality.
reminds me of my own family.

Dex-chan lover
I read the chapter again and I simply can't understand why you people arrived at that conclusion. Maybe your expectation is biased towards tragedy all the time?

I re-read the chapter and is not hard to understand what his father is thinking.
I believe that he just meant for his son to work hard and responsible enough to have the means to sustain both himself and her, because not only he thought that she is not able to contribute much monetarily, but also because she is worth the effort.
She lives with his son, his poor son, in a tiny room with zero luxuries. Despite that she is content because her primary interest is to be together with him. She doesn't study but enjoy learning every day practical things she teaches her. She pays attention to him, she values him and what he does. She expend the little she had to make the house more comfortable for the two of them. His son didn't wanted to talk much about her and her circumstances, but she is honest enough to admit openly bad things that she did.

Think about this yourself, if not for her mental disorder Megumi would be easily considered by anyone as very "decent".
From a father's perspective, he is doing well.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino
"I simply can't understand"
Stop thinking so hard. Just take it literally. Leave some space. For a literal stretcher. To physically carry her out. Boom, there you go. If I shouldn't be taking it literally then I'm just too autistic for this manga, but dad doesn't strike me as a poet and neither does the son.

Dex-chan lover
@orochijes
COMMON PEOPLE!
Seriously, does this even make sense? Think about doing that outside of this context, makes sense? "Leave some space" in the house for a stretcher in case someone dies inside? But most important, it's not about SPACE, it's about a PATH.
A PATH IN LIFE!
How can this be anything different, it's not possible... 😳
I don't think it's a cause of people "being too autistic" for this manga, if anything the possibility is that "the mangaka" like a typical japanese writer is "too autistic".

that moment when you know the importance of guarantor when renting in japan and theirs no tl note, so u can assume the translator assumed u would kno anyway 😳

@Panino you're thinking too hard about this he said leave some space for a stretcher not for her body but for the paramedics to get her out easier in case she attempts suicide.

Fed-Kun's army
I assume he told his dad some of the situation? Or is it basically saying he figured things out due to being observant

Either way he's got a pretty great dad. Wish my dad cared about me that much

Users who are viewing this thread