Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 10 Ch. 182 - The Mystery of Surprises

What's going on in Japan where a common trope is 'attractive woman cant find a boyfriend's?

Dex-chan lover
@Notbaal
inkyas everywhere
they're all picky
and all the "good" ones nearby are taken or unreachable

Dex-chan lover
Wait ... what did Daisuke get her ... Oh? It was a private gift ... one ticket of ... The D? She can cash it in when he graduates ... or next week ... either way is fine with me.

... What did Daisuke give her? Based on the last narration box and the karaoke teaser for next chapter I don't think we'll get a continuation for this particular chapter
Or maybe we'll get an omake strip answering that when the tankoubon comes out

Dex-chan lover
The Mystery of Surprises is a weird oxymoron because if you're in a mystery you're expecting a surprise, but then it's not a surprise anymore, but if you don't expect the a mystery, then it's not really a mystery because you don't know if you should be question anything in the first place. Am I overthinking this? Yes.

Also that last panel's funny because she's already a christmas cake

Dex-chan lover
Let's be real here for a moment. There would be no way such a cutie would be still single at her age.

Double-page supporter
And then she turned into a cake... called herself “Cake Sensei”... funnies shit I’ve ever seen.

Banned
@Qelix : Now now... there are plenty of troubled, attractive, single women out there.
Problem is of course that while plenty of guys can't get into a relationship at all because nobody wants them... the equivalent problem for women is that the guys who DO want them... are trash. Domestic abusers, rapists, skeevy bastards, manchild types... etc. Basically just guys who would treat them like a mobile fuck-toy. Unsurprisingly, they tend to discount those entirely when considering their romantic prospects...

O'course Japan has its own problems. Weird consideration of age is one of them. Inability to communicate in clear, literal terms is another. Unwillingness to do anything that might be considered socially disruptive is a third. It is hardly surprising the population is in decline over there.
Plus she is a manga character and is deliberately drawn in an idealised fashion that is probably completely unrelated to how others actually see her within the narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread