Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 18 Ch. 328 - The Mystery of Still Pools

Contributor
Well, that Biology Club member failed some basic fish care. Chlorine, which pools are full of, is absolutely fatal to fish, essentially chokes 'em to death.
I would assume that girl was smart enough not to put fish in chlorinated water since she knows piranha behavior. And if the pool got as dirty as it was in page 1, I'm sure all the chlorine was gone, which is why she put the fish in there.
The bigger question is, how did a school pool reach the point of sludge while having a major chlorine loss problem?
Also, where even is pool maintenance staff? Is it just the club cleaning up all the time? In all the pool cleaning chapters, they never once chlorinated the water as far as I remember.

Last edited:
I would assume that girl was smart enough not to put fish in chlorinated water since she knows piranha behavior. And if the pool got as dirty as it was in page 1, I'm sure all the chlorine was gone, which is why she put the fish in there.
The bigger question is, how did a school pool reach the point of sludge while having a major chlorine loss problem?
Also, where even is pool maintenance staff? Is it just the club cleaning up all the time? In all the pool cleaning chapters, they never once chlorinated the water as far as I remember.
sir, this is Wendy's

Dex-chan lover
this chapter makes no fucking sense
sure piranha are sweetwater fish
but the chlorine, ontop of the unknown chemical there that killed all the gunk and bacteria, would have a) killed the piranhas, b) most likely damaged the skin tissue (minus the chlorine) of them

then again, this manga is stuck in a timeloop, so I think we can brush this off aswell.

Aggregator gang
Piranhas at school premises? I was about to comment how absurd that was, but then I remembered that A BEAR attacked them previously. This school is lawsuit incarnate.
It's in the middle of a forest, on top of a hill. Depending on the size of the forest and the prefecture the school is located in, I'd say a bear sighting is not that improbable.

Dex-chan lover
To my knowledge (which may be wrong or out-dated,) Japanese schools tend to have students do a lot, if not all, the cleaning, in efforts to teach them responsibility and the like. Professional staff would only get called in for things that require professional work.

Users who are viewing this thread