Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 19 Ch. 351 - The Mystery of the Real Santa

Dex-chan lover
Those are the saddest reindeer antlers I have ever seen. But if Daisuke really was a reindeer, he would have none at all at Christmas. Bull reindeer lose their antlers before the winter, and regrow them next spring.
Only female reindeer with calves keep their antlers through the winter. This makes them rank higher than the males in winter, so they have first rights to the food. It's more important for the herd's survival that fertile females and calves survive the harshest winters than that all the males do.
So kids, this means that "Rudolph" and those other reindeer with antlers pulling Santa's sledge are really female. You didn't misappropriate their gender, did you? 😏

Dex-chan lover
Those are the saddest reindeer antlers I have ever seen. But if Daisuke really was a reindeer, he would have none at all at Christmas. Bull reindeer lose their antlers before the winter, and regrow them next spring.
Only female reindeer with calves keep their antlers through the winter. This makes them rank higher than the males in winter, so they have first rights to the food. It's more important for the herd's survival that fertile females and calves survive the harshest winters than that all the males do.
So kids, this means that "Rudolph" and those other reindeer with antlers pulling Santa's sledge are really female. You didn't misappropriate their gender, did you? 😏
Counterpoints, Rudolph is usually depicted as a very young Reindeer, so still could be 2 years old. So beyond just being ridiculed for his preposterous red nose we have 3 or so options of Male Reindeer.

1) He's trans. You choose which way, it doesn't matter much.
2) All of Santa's male Reindeer, including Rudolph, are castrated. This apparently causes similar antler cycles.
3) Rudolph is actually trying to get a harem of Santa's sleigh pullers, and he's red nosed for another reason.
4) Santa's magical herd doesn't have typical Reindeer antler patterns after generations of breeding, as exemplified by the red nose.

Dex-chan lover
Counterpoints, Rudolph is usually depicted as a very young Reindeer, so still could be 2 years old. So beyond just being ridiculed for his preposterous red nose we have 3 or so options of Male Reindeer.

1) He's trans. You choose which way, it doesn't matter much.
2) All of Santa's male Reindeer, including Rudolph, are castrated. This apparently causes similar antler cycles.
3) Rudolph is actually trying to get a harem of Santa's sleigh pullers, and he's red nosed for another reason.
4) Santa's magical herd doesn't have typical Reindeer antler patterns after generations of breeding, as exemplified by the red nose.
😋OK, I'll bite:
1) Pretty much in tune with my post...
2) It's not enough to be female to keep antlers through the winter. Non-lactating females (without calves) lose their antlers at the same time the males do, so lack of male hormones doesn't normally help. It would be logical to assume that hormones like prolactin has something to do with it (and castration probably won't help with that), but this is something I know very little about. So maybe.
3) An explanation fitting this manga and Daisuke the reindeer.
4) Reindeer have been domesticated for about 3000 years with little change, but the magical word here is:
5) Magic! They're magical reindeer who can fly without wings, they can grow whatever they want.

Dex-chan lover
Santa has to kiss reindeer.
Kotone kissed Daisuke because she was wearing a Santa costume and Daisuke was wearing a reindeer costume.
Kotone told Daisuke, he’s playing Santa next.
Most likely they’re swapping costumes.
Meaning most likely next Santa will be kissing the next Reindeer.

Argh, cmon Daisuke, you know what she wants!

Dex-chan lover
If Daisuke becomes Santa then the girls will definitely want one thing only. His attention.
Nah ... they'll want to sit on his lap. I mean come on ... this Santa has got abs for days and you can sit on him for weeks. Which of these girls WOULDN'T want THAT. It's the present that keeps on GIVING.

Dex-chan lover
Sensei, you're speaking the truth. The cold is the best time to sleep because you can bundle yourself in a warm blanket and a hoodie and some long pants and just sleep or lie in bed. The only issue is that you won't get up early enough to get to work on time

Users who are viewing this thread