Attack on Titan - Vol. 28 Ch. 111 - Child of the Forest

Anime reactors right now: Mmh, this Gabi girl is just like Eren. Oh, I see, there she goes losing the people she grew up with. Nice parallel. Can't wait for her to become a new Eren but how will we escape this circle of revenge?
Ishiyama: harps on Sasha's death for waaay more chapters and has way more characters calling it out than she deserved, just to please fans; teaches them why hatred is wrong
Simpletons: Fictional child killed off my fave, I must now fantasize about torturing said fictonal child to death

I sympathize for gabi more in these recent chapters, she is just a child and is brainwashed as you can tell

Fed-Kun's army
I really truly wanna hate Gabi for what she’s done, I won’t forgive her but I can understand that it’s not her fault. She’s a product of her environment and although I wanna sucker punch her face, it just wouldn’t be right. Hopefully as I continue on she’ll realize that what she was taught is wrong

Although I get that the "moral high ground" fans out there have a valid point in that Gabi was just an unfortunate result of decades worth of political brainwashing, I can promise you that the intentions aren't as important for the victim as the end result is. Doesn't matter what your MO or age or gender is, her acts of justice are an endless nightmare for another innocent family. Maybe she doesn't deserve all the hate she gets, but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying her getting wrecked again by all the lives she's ruined

Dex-chan lover
I love how there are so many 'moral high' people in the comment section acting as if they would forgive someone had it actually happened to someone close to them. I can guarantee 90% of those people chanting "muh kid muh brainwashed muh innocent" will be the first to wreck havoc. She's an innocent civilian being brainwashed, until the second she raises arms and decides to put her life in the life for her country. Is she wrong or right? I don't care. If I'm seeing it from the other nation's perspective, she is no different than a soldier regardless of sex, mental state, and gender. Denying this means just that you're so delusional because she appears in a form of underage female. If anything, she has done something more 'atrocity' than 90% of each full-fledged soldier that went to war. I love how you guys tried so hard to justify her being all innocent and all, and that everything that happened was not her fault when she went OUT OF HER WAY despite being held back to murder innocent civilians. Stop being hypocrite, will you? Are you in favor of murdering civilian or not? You can't be picking one the other only when it suits to your narrative. If you think in war everything is a GO to, then that girl's rational of revenge BECAUSE SOME CIVILIANS BECAME COLLATERAL is invalid (and this is what pushed her so far up until this chapter). If you think in war civilians should not be a casualty, then she is also guilty of this. She has killed and/or harmed and/or threatened innocent unarmed civilians with deadly weapon.

The irony in that everyone wishing for Gabi's demise are quite literally more like her than any other character in the series. The blind loyalty and refusal to see the other's perspective is hilarious. The irony is flooding your home and you'd rather drown in it than take a drink.

Supporter
It's nice to know that Sasha's death wasn't just a throwaway event - it's having serious repercussions, from the emotional ones that are shaping people's response to Gabi all the way through to major plot drivers like the revelation of the wine (and the fact that Sasha's relationship with Niccolo ended up being the driver for him losing it and ending up revealing things).

This manga is a hard read for many different reasons, but the work gone into plotting it all is really impressive . . .

Mr. Blouse showed compassion and real will... to end the cycle of hatred like sasha... they are the real back of society... can zeke control people with his spinal fluid... that really changes things... he could manipulate any eldian.. and make them do anything... perhaps he is doing it with eren.. he cannot be trusted... seeing Mr. Blouse's reaction... i can see myself drifting away from supporting eren... and falco.. why him... he really was few of the good people out there...

Dex-chan lover
I love how there are so many 'moral high' people in the comment section acting as if they would forgive someone had it actually happened to someone close to them. I can guarantee 90% of those people chanting "muh kid muh brainwashed muh innocent" will be the first to wreck havoc. She's an innocent civilian being brainwashed, until the second she raises arms and decides to put her life in the life for her country. Is she wrong or right? I don't care. If I'm seeing it from the other nation's perspective, she is no different than a soldier regardless of sex, mental state, and gender. Denying this means just that you're so delusional because she appears in a form of underage female. If anything, she has done something more 'atrocity' than 90% of each full-fledged soldier that went to war. I love how you guys tried so hard to justify her being all innocent and all, and that everything that happened was not her fault when she went OUT OF HER WAY despite being held back to murder innocent civilians. Stop being hypocrite, will you? Are you in favor of murdering civilian or not? You can't be picking one the other only when it suits to your narrative. If you think in war everything is a GO to, then that girl's rational of revenge BECAUSE SOME CIVILIANS BECAME COLLATERAL is invalid (and this is what pushed her so far up until this chapter). If you think in war civilians should not be a casualty, then she is also guilty of this. She has killed and/or harmed and/or threatened innocent unarmed civilians with deadly weapon.
when the hell did gabi kill an individual? one of the things isayama did to make sure gabi did not reach full potential to be a very hate-able character is by making sure the CHILD Gabi did not kill anyone but soldiers.

Dex-chan lover
when the hell did gabi kill an individual? one of the things isayama did to make sure gabi did not reach full potential to be a very hate-able character is by making sure the CHILD Gabi did not kill anyone but soldiers.
Been multiple years, and been over a year since I follow AOT series. You said child Gabi did not kill any civilian. My comment was not tied to "child Gabi", but Gabi.

Dex-chan lover
Been multiple years, and been over a year since I follow AOT series. You said child Gabi did not kill any civilian. My comment was not tied to "child Gabi", but Gabi.
Yes Gabi. Gabi to this point hasn't killed a civilian, and neither did she throughout the entire series. I wrote Child because I am emphasising that she is a child indoctrinated with false history.

and oh yeah...it's been a year huh?

Users who are viewing this thread