Awkward Senpai - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
I've loved Monsters Inc since I watched it as a kid. Didn't need the prequel, the original is just fine.

Dex-chan lover
Something that bugs me: She says "I do have one," but she doesn't clarify what it is, so how does Kouhai know she's talking about a boyfriend?

Dex-chan lover
Uh-uh, "naosu"...okay, will know.
Btw I don't like "pretend to be bf/gf" arcs. I really don't like this plot trope

@Pandawanka Her mum is probably the type who talks quite loud, so it's quite easy to hear someone through a phone when you're not too far away.

why english translate always make dialect translate with english dialect
for non native english that pretty annoying, i only knowing standart english and wut the fck that english dialect
well this dialect translate still can be understand, alot dialect translate literally cant be read by non native english

Dex-chan lover
So this dialect thing, if it's caused the kouhai trouble the entire time, why introduce it after 10 chapters of them communicating just fine? It makes it really hard to believe, that the senpai sometimes talks in a dialect while at work without realizing it, which seemingly creates communication problems if it isn't introduced in the early chapters. And it also seems to be gone the moment senpai's mom is gone, because the story between senpai and kouhai didn't and doesn't need this.
If, by chance, this was due to the tl completely changing any dialect in the previous chapters to regular english, then that's a different case. But I can't even remember any situation in the previous chapters, that showed a miscommunication based off that dialect "problem". Maybe I just missed it though.

Don't mind me, just a comment about this being a nice manga...

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha, different dialects can cause quite the funny misunderstanding, something I've experienced now and then meeting people from other regions...
Not a big fan of the pretend boyfriend trope (which is preeetty obviously what's gonna happen), but we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread