Ayaka-chan wa Hiroko-senpai ni Koishiteru - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
I can’t convey how much I appreciate this chapter. I relate to Ayaka when she said “when it’s less about me and Hiroko and more about lesbians I can’t really find anyone’s advice useful.” (Paraphrasing). I loved when she was like “it’s all good I already know how to express my feelings.” I can’t explain why that hit home, but it did.

Supporter
HSjBhNL.png

Sad that keeping quiet is sometimes the best you can do for yourself in general.​

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Hiroko expected these reactions. That office isn't as accepting as they pretend to be. It's great that this chapter made that clear. It's all so forced and good on Risa and Ayaka for recognizing that. What would they do if they saw a "real" lesbian couple in the office? How would management respond? "We won't hold that kind of thing against her after all?" Sure, so magnanimous.

These are Hiroko's fears. Those guys were depicted exactly as they really are. I've been in those meetings. It's not so bad for Hiroko, yet, but is beyond uncomfortable, especially when she/you know they hold the keys to the future at the company.

At least Hiroko's co-workers seemed to notice how awkward and fake the conversation got. Ayaka's outing acts as a revealer. It's revealed the bad and fake actors, but also the allies that Hiroko would never have known were so close by. So there's positives for Hiroko to take away, even if its also made some of her work life more annoying.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's a lot of condescending kindness there.
Honestly I'd rather deal with the ignorant foggies than with people like that. At the very least they're honest rather than putting on a good boy pretense.

HSjBhNL.png

Sad that keeping quiet is sometimes the best you can do for yourself in general.​
There's a time and place for everything.
Knowing where and where to or to not [thing], learning how to pick your battles, is an incredibly important skill to learn and have.

Aggregator gang
19 chapters in and still no progress has been made, this series has a set end date, why is the artist going rush the romance part of the story, basically the main point of a yuri story?
This entire story is just pain.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

heres to hiroko at the end there
when you chameleon yourself for so long and you just get so used to being a specific dull hue you fail to realize that there are more hues in the space you are in (hope that analogy makes sense)

and oog that assassin blade kindness from peers is just as sharp and annoying to read as it is to experience it personally

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

heres to hiroko at the end there
when you chameleon yourself for so long and you just get so used to being a specific dull hue you fail to realize that there are more hues in the space you are in (hope that analogy makes sense)

and oog that assassin blade kindness from peers is just as sharp and annoying to read as it is to experience it personally
Yes, very robotic. Like "oh, here's the time I'm supposed to smile and appear accepting right? Ok, got it." Purely surface level but that can be better than nothing, sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
It sucks when you are finally put under the spotlight to find out who is not on your side. But now she at least sees who is. Before, everyone was a potential enemy. Now, she even has allies thanks to Ayaka~

Dex-chan lover
That coworker Kumi is a real one. I love allies like her. I had no doubts about Yuuya either, he always seemed like a good egg, but I like Kumi's anger.

Also, the bisexual woman that approached Ayaka alone also didn't seem to have any bad intentions, at least from that short conversation, I'm not sure why that was treated the same as everything else.

Dex-chan lover
That coworker Kumi is a real one. I love allies like her. I had no doubts about Yuuya either, he always seemed like a good egg, but I like Kumi's anger.

Also, the bisexual woman that approached Ayaka alone also didn't seem to have any bad intentions, at least from that short conversation, I'm not sure why that was treated the same as everything else.
Kumi Goated for sure.

As for Bi-Coworker, my guess is that Ayaka didn't want to get unsolicited advice from a random coworker. It's not that odd she'd turn her down. As for how Ayaka turned her down, she's always been blunt and earnest and a little odd. It probably came across as more rude than intended.

Anyways who thinks they can give advice to a honey badger like Ayaka? The audacity! 😜

Dex-chan lover
Kumi Goated for sure.

As for Bi-Coworker, my guess is that Ayaka didn't want to get unsolicited advice from a random coworker. It's not that odd she'd turn her down. As for how Ayaka turned her down, she's always been blunt and earnest and a little odd. It probably came across as more rude than intended.

Anyways who thinks they can give advice to a honey badger like Ayaka? The audacity! 😜
Haha no I don't mean Ayaka turning her down, but Risa watching all of this made it seem like the chapter was putting her the same as the others. I thought it was a nice gesture of the bi-coworker to talk to Ayaka one-on-one and tell her that she has dealt with this before. Sure, it was unsolicited advice, but I thought it was also a sincere gesture of support in a way the other coworkers weren't.

Banned
How this chapter just btfo'd this shell of a movement that still for some reason tries to hog exactly the middle of the year, for a whole month. Stop talking about your sexuality all the time, we want to be normal. But if you somehow decide for ALL OF US that you need a whole fucking month to be "proud", this aint making us normal. Just leave us be. Nobody cares if you support LGBT or see yourself part of it for whatever reason. Beautiful chapter. Thanks for the sweet yuri.

Edit: Before the twittercrowd comes to comment: You doin more harm than good at this point. The world is already sick of this shit and i for my part dont want to get beaten up just because people dont want to see rainbows anymore. But then again, i act normal in public, so theres that.

Dex-chan lover
Haha no I don't mean Ayaka turning her down, but Risa watching all of this made it seem like the chapter was putting her the same as the others. I thought it was a nice gesture of the bi-coworker to talk to Ayaka one-on-one and tell her that she has dealt with this before. Sure, it was unsolicited advice, but I thought it was also a sincere gesture of support in a way the other coworkers weren't.
Agreed, she's probably a nice lady.

Dex-chan lover
I think the issue was that her advice was general and Ayaka wanted specific advice about Hiroko (advice that woman could not give). As for Risa, she felt something was off but didn't understand what that was until after the bisexual woman talked with Ayaka. So I don't think the scene was meant to paint that woman as badly as the others but was meant to show that even she wasn't providing specific, useful advice (for different reasons than the other coworkers). Ayaka isn't worried about being a lesbian and what that represents--she's not really "going through" anything and didn't even notice that she "came out"; she's just worried about cornering Hiroko, getting in those work pants and seeing her in a Kimono, apparently lol. Very simple minded and direct. But I can see what you mean though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread