Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Hiroko responding to her crush's confession:

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the closet is a hard thing to deal with. She’s been leading a double life since her teens. Changing that would be a terrifying prospect.
Look at her in that scene! That’s exactly what happened!

I see in these comments a problem common in queer culture nowadays: pressure to come out. People lose their place to live and support system from doing that sometimes. Is that worth making a secret no longer one?

people literally calling someone a coward for wanting to keep something very personal to herself. It’s a work colleague. Feelings or none, to change her entire work life. To risk her career. These are big issues to consider, and she was LITERALLY BACKED AGAINST A WALL THE NEXT DAY. You can’t try to force someone out.

No one has to come out if they don’t want to, whatever the reason.

I’m out. I also don’t fly pride flags or whatever anymore. It gains me nothing, and everything is super contentious anyway.
Lesbian flag? Which one? They’re all crap for one reason or another.
Rainbow? I’ve had people be critical of using it without adding more stripes and shapes, when they should be unnecessary. I shouldn’t have to say trans, black, and brown people are included. Today I saw one that added intersex flag parts. Again, already included.
Trans flag is just ugly, and I don’t need to tell anyone. It’s not a secret, but it’s no one’s business. If I’m with my wife, it’s clear I’m gay, but it’s still no one’s business. If someone clocks me, idgaf, but why should I tell strangers

Happy Pride, regardless.

Edit: to the person who marked this with a “strike” are you supporting trying to push people out of the closet? Aggressively trying to get them to come out to you?
Encouraging people to risk losing their homes?
Yeesh.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
haha i didnt expect everyone to get so worked up?? i thought risa was being super valid tho
She was yeah. Risa is great. Hiroko also has some valid/understandable fears of being outed at work. She seems really uncomfortable with anyone finding out, so I can't imagine what her managers or her bosses must be like. Something or someone obviously taught her that she should fear being out in the workplace. She clearly does not want to date a coworker for that same reason (as her bar friend implied). I imagine if Ayaka didn't work there, it would be no problem. Plus she was nearly, forcefully outed. As for the reactions: no those were expected. She's not the main character, she gets in the way of the coupling and her reasons for doing so aren't straightforward. Plus she's sometimes hilariously paranoid. She's great too.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's pretty rage-inducing, ngl
Now I wish Ayaka would end up with Risa instead, but considering the title of the manga itself...ugh

Dex-chan lover
Well, the bridges are burnt, the ship is sinking and Hiroko is so full of bullshit she smelled like it. Ayaka, do yourself a favor and move on. It's clear Hiroko ain't ready to be the adult she is supposed to be 😑

Dex-chan lover
haha i didnt expect everyone to get so worked up?? i thought risa was being super valid tho
Everyone is being sensible aside Ayaka. She literally pinned someone to the wall and tried to make them come out. At their office. In Japan!

Id never talk to someone again if they did that to someone.

It’s why I have no interest in talking to a friend of a friend who forced a game dev to come out just to win arguments on Twitter.
(that’s a true story, by the way. Not gonna name names, but I’ll say this: a flag over a character’s desk is good representation, and needs no clarification from the creator)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Rage 🤬

Also in the context of the story, in Japan it's NOT a good idea to come out. Japan is a conservetive country and also doesn't really like ppl sticking out. They don't have the proverb 'the nail sticking out get's hammered down' for nothing. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread