Ayakashi Triangle

Dex-chan lover
what does "The latest 6 chapters are viewable in this title. Please be aware that the 6th latest chapter will be hidden when a new chapter is added." mean? is it like unlisted youtube videos or something?

Contributor
@ajddavid452

MangaPlus only provides the first six chapters of any series, as well as the latest six (three for older series). It’s a way to make sure places like MangaStream and Jaiminis Box don’t start translating WSJ scans, but pushes you to get a Shonen Jump subscription so you can read the rest.

Also, it’s a shared universe with To Love Ru because one chapter shows a cameo of Run as an idol. Which indicates that both exist in the same universe.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy oh okay makes sense, kinda sucks though, also I didn't notice Run, actually I forgot run was even a character from to love ru, I did watch the anime years ago though, who's run again?
btw what's WSJ Scans?

Supporter
SOOOOO MUCH EXPOSITION
AND everything is going super fast, and well super fast exposition is not the best experience

This is the type of manga you make when you wanna go gay but too afraid to go for it. Stop with the bullshit genderswap excuse and just do it.

Meh.

Dex-chan lover
@Eggs3213 like I said I don't remember run I even forgot what they look like, you know what? I'm just gonna google Run
*googles run
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

@ faralei i get the feeling shonen jump did not want to let the creator tell a strictly yuri story so the gender change thing was tacked on

the protagonist sure has not put forth any effort in turning back into a guy so yea i expect the creator is hoping this becomes popular and then the protag can just stay a girl reveal she likes being a girl and the series will become the yuri story it clearly is thus also giving us a trans gender protagonist

Double-page supporter
A permanent gender swapped mc in yuri relationship.... wtf is yabuki thinking? Did writing harems booted his brain?

Dex-chan lover
The moment i write this comment, there is 8 chapters.
I hated that one of my favorite ecchi mangaka started a gender bender manga, mostly cause of the usual tropes of this genre that make it look like a transgender fantasy and fetish.
But for now it look like one of the few good GB. The one inwhich the bended guy stay a guy inside and even start a relationship with a girl. This is the good GB.

Supporter
@aceina: People are making a lot of completely opposite assumptions about why Yabuki made a gender-bending manga with a M->F/F couple. Some are saying he wanted a regular F/F main couple but Jump wouldn't allow that. Others says he wanted a gender-bending series and the protagonist having a female love interest is some kind of concession to make it more "normal". Others are saying the main couple doesn't matter, and it's just a cynical ploy to get an obligatory self-insert for ecchi while drawing even few males.

Honestly, none of them hold water. Jump are about as likely to veto a GB M->F/F romance as a F/F one. An artist famous for "normal" ecchi was gonna get audience backlash for any kind of GB series. And if Yabuki wanted visibly all-female cast, he wouldn't have made a male rival. Until he states otherwise, I would just assume he liked the specific concept of a romance between a girl and gender-bent boy, hence it stayed even after dropping almost everything else from the oneshot.

(Also, Matsuri right now isn't too far from being a transgender boy: he presents himself publicly as female, but identifies as male despite having a female body. He'd be even closer if he identified the same despite knowing he could never change back physically, especially if he was open about it.)

Contributor
MC character design is the best thing about this. Doesn't really have much else going for it.

I'm really starting to believe that Yabuki Kentaro is just overrated. People get so hyped with him as if he was Miura or Urusawa, but every series he's been apart of it ends up just being mediocre at best. Way better shounens and way better ecchi with plot out there.

Dex-chan lover
Mangaplus isn't updating this, there's 2 new releases on the official mangaplus page

Don't really have a problem with gender bender. I'm just curious about Matsuri & Suzu, and how their relationship will progress. I guess boyXgirl was too common hence the gender bending adds another layer of complexity? Just my own opinion.

Also seriously Shirogane, when are you going to accept that Suzu is Matsuri-sexual? You freaking lost your chance to regain your power there.

Black Cat/To Love Ru author making a manga with youkai? I'm sold on this much already!
The genderswap part is fine. It just reminds me of Ranma 1/2 with it being an unwanted curse and what not.
The cat is becoming my favorite character. lol

Users who are viewing this thread