Having Mangadex link to sites that use paywalls is unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Why the heck does Mangadex support uploads who just link stuff behind a fucking paywall (very often) and sometimes adwall?! I hate both so much. :mad:

Talking about INKR comics https://mangadex.org/title/d028a259...wimming-girl-is-weak-against-naughty-stimulus
and https://mangadex.org/title/b49db7e7-0637-462c-9d09-372f5d09de4a/ayakashi-triangle for example. There are some other groups who make adwalls. Mangaplus is also garbage and require you to install a silly App! Why the hell would I need a data sucking App when you can just use your internet browser and go to aggregator sites instead?!

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Neither of these titles are paywalled, either. MangaPlus literally doesn't have paywalls, INKR has paywalls but we only link out to freely accessible chapters, and the one you've linked allows you to read the chapter on MD so I really don't understand the problem.

and go to aggregator sites instead?!

These are official English publishers/distributors, as denoted by the "Official Publisher" label where the username of the uploader would normally be.

Dex-chan lover
Neither of these titles are paywalled, either. MangaPlus literally doesn't have paywalls, INKR has paywalls but we only link out to freely accessible chapters, and the one you've linked allows you to read the chapter on MD so I really don't understand the problem.
You mean only the 1st chapter? That's not useful. It's like you give me a sip of wine and take the rest away!

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they can legally do that. You can't go to bookstore and picking books for free are you?
I don't know when but some months ago MD linked those chapters directly to INKR. Now it's fixed.

And you're wrong. The prices at paywall sites are ridiculous! Better wait for the books to appear in libraries.

Power Uploader
I don't know when but some months ago MD linked those chapters directly to INKR. Now it's fixed.

And you're wrong. The prices at paywall sites are ridiculous! Better wait for the books to appear in libraries.
It's a free market dude, you can choose not to pay. Vote with your wallet.

Aggregators like MS are well known for ripping official publication anyway, if you're that broke (or simply want to sample more), go read there and decide for yourself.

Dex-chan lover
You will need to pay with your E-Mail data to register and after free points are spent, you pay money.

MangaPlus has Appwall! I need to use a data sucking crap App to read.

Last edited:
Contributor
You will need to pay with your E-Mail data to register and after free points are spent, you pay money.

MangaPlus has Appwall! I need to use a data sucking crap App to read.
You pay with your time = you pay with money for reading any chapter anywhere :fml:
Manga is sucking you dry dude, run while you can!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread