Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai de - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Aggregator gang
Even though there are plenty of "Let's help this poor character until their healed" types of manga, this one stands out a bit because of how extra dark it is. Another is how it's a slow burn, the FMC isn't just suddenly receptive to help from the MC.
do you have any recommendation from this type of manga ?

Double-page supporter
as much as personally I do not enjoy the "POV MC meets girl with quirk and eventually ends up as her BF" stories and really hope that this does not go down that road, I think that the added detail of her thought bubble turning white is a genius storytelling decision

Dex-chan lover
So it IS copying Erased, with the "rescue by kidnapping" and "traumatized girl tearing up at eating a normal meal". Not that I mind, just find it interesting how this series is basically another take on that.
Same reaction as Hina from Erased
What's Erased? I saw it mentioned in these comments before, but couldn't find anything similar by that name.

Dex-chan lover
So it IS copying Erased, with the "rescue by kidnapping" and "traumatized girl tearing up at eating a normal meal". Not that I mind, just find it interesting how this series is basically another take on that.
so.....time travelling soon?

Dex-chan lover
It puzzles me why some people are painting this as some kind of "escapism fantasy" where you save the girl.

Do you have to read so much into the intentions of the author and the use of PoV? Why can't it just be a warm simple story?

I rarely ever read this kind of "behind the scenes" psycho analysis in Japanese discussion. Almost like you know, people who are interested in and like the content talk about said content, and people who don't just move on. It's just a bloody manga short.

Yes I know there's some irony in my whinging about it too. But it's weirdly frustrating to see that contrast in the comments here vs on twitter and stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread