Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai de - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I'd say a story about an abusive household with a mother selling nudes of her own daughter and otherwise neglecting her completely is darker.
Well, we're down to comparing things that are utterly terrible, but I still think gang rape is worse than parental abuse, if only due to more direct and immediate sexual violence.

This kid is most likely never going to be alright.
I guess that depends on how the story goes. The author wants us to believe law enforcement isn't getting involved with child abuse in his setting - wonder if it also applies to child runaways. There is potential for the plot to leave FMC traumatized, but more or less adapted, I figure.

Dex-chan lover
Well, we're down to comparing things that are utterly terrible, but I still think gang rape is worse than parental abuse, if only due to more direct and immediate sexual violence.
I think that a parent abusing and neglecting a child as much as this would be more damaging, because a parental figure is the most important person in your life. A gang rape or rape might look worse, but this kid has most likely been abused over a long period of time. Though a sentence for gang rape would probably be worse than abuse and neglect by a parent I guess, though I'm not certain.

Dex-chan lover
I'd argue it's in fact significantly darker, if not in what's happening in the respective mangas' timelines, then in the heroines' background.
Well I didn't say the background wasn't darker, I said it was rarely dark, which it kind of is. When it's dark, it's dark, but it doesn't go there often.

Dex-chan lover
The entire field of literature criticism is built on trying to figure the intentions of the author, the message the work carries, and its meaning in the wider cultural context. This is how students are taught to read literature in school, too. So hardly surprising when that learned approach is applied here, as well.
There is literary criticism, and then there's this lot. Rather than figuring out the intentions of the author, it seems to me more like applying a convenient view for criticism when simple filtering of one's preferences would do. If we were to invoke the study of literature, then I would also say certain standards on the quality and basis for opinion start to apply too.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't shock therapy outlawed because it does more harm than good?
No? It's one of the most effective treatments, and for some cases of catatonic schizophrenia and depressions it might be the only thing that works. Because of medications that suppress muscle spasms and movement during treatment, there's almost no side effects besides loss of short term memory. It's probably not used that much any more because of development of antipsychotics, but still it's still a vital part of psychiatry for some patients, and especially elderly that can't handle some of the drugs.
You might be confusing it with lobotomy, which is a completely different monster.

Dex-chan lover
There is literary criticism, and then there's this lot. Rather than figuring out the intentions of the author, it seems to me more like applying a convenient view for criticism when simple filtering of one's preferences would do. If we were to invoke the study of literature, then I would also say certain standards on the quality and basis for opinion start to apply too.
Well, you have every right to disagree with them (and I do, too), but it doesn't seem fair to blame them for having opinions in the first place ¯\(´-ι-`)_/¯
Especially in us vs them, us vs redditors, terms.

Dex-chan lover
Well, you have every right to disagree with them (and I do, too), but it doesn't seem fair to blame them for having opinions in the first place ¯\(´-ι-`)_/¯
Especially in us vs them, us vs redditors, terms.
The reddit hivemind is dangerous though, and can do a lot of damage.

Dex-chan lover
The reddit hivemind is dangerous though, and can do a lot of damage.
There is no such thing, to begin with, though. Reddit has hundreds of subreddits, with multiple disparate communities between them - often on uneasy terms between themselves, even, especially among the political subreddits. Speaking about reddit hivemind as if it's some unified entity is as absurd as using "the Americans", "the Japanese" or "the Russians" to refer to political decisions taken by the infinitesimal numbers of the ruling elites in those nations.

Dex-chan lover
There is no such thing, to begin with, though. Reddit has hundreds of subreddits, with multiple disparate communities between them - often on uneasy terms between themselves, even, especially among the political subreddits. Speaking about reddit hivemind as if it's some unified entity is as absurd as using "the Americans", "the Japanese" or "the Russians" to refer to political decisions taken by the infinitesimal numbers of the ruling elites in those nations.
Have you ever used reddit?

Fed-Kun's army
https://mangadex.org/title/dca4faff...to-my-hometown-my-childhood-friend-was-broken
This one is quite different tonally, it barely touches on the trauma itself and is rarely actually dark or sad, it's mostly very wholesome actually, especially recently.
nice thanks for the suggestions
i realizes recently that i got a knack for these type of manga about someone being helped and healing like this

Dex-chan lover
Girl: Can.....Can I call this place....my home?
Guy:
ELZ9ePNW4AAx86H.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly i would have reported this to the school at least and offer her shelter until there's a solution to it.. wish she was happy..

Dex-chan lover
That white-turning black bubble almost surely means she'll turn fully moe next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread