Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai de - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to see more manga with similar set up but with the POV of a female MC. Having the MC be male is automatically going to be creepy for many people, because in many situations like this, society dictates that men are creepy just for existing.
If the MC is female, that ought to alleviate the complains, somewhat, maybe.
059.gif

Or just have the male MC be clearly ultra gay so no one complains about "dude trying to be white knight to score girl" or something similar.
That would be nice to see. Though I do love to see guys being protected by women. What Man doesn't want to be treated like a princess on occasion?

Group Leader
I don’t think it needs to go down the route of needing a girl or gay mc, just setting up the right vibes with the mc is the way to go (with this being a self insert ish manga it doesn’t setup the right vibes at all.) If you just go ahead and make it a gay or girl mc or try to make it avoid males in General it’s just feeding that societal view that males trying to help a females from an abusive household is creepy and there’s ulterior motives rather than trying to show that some people be it male or female want to genuinely help someone in need.

the reason why some people don’t trust this mc is because we don’t know the mc at all and he hasn’t done anything to actually help her out of her situation. He hasn’t contact any proper officials or asked anyone else for help

But honestly this manga is already pretty unrealistic so it’s just best to not think too hard about this. Like honestly how hasn’t anyone else noticed her abuse?

I've seen other manga with nearly identical set up like this, and without fail, in every single one of them, people would be complaining about either the plot itself or the MC is creepy. Doesn't help that all of these have a (straight?) guy as MC. Even one that clearly lets the reader themselves self-insert as the MC is accused of being white knight fantasy. I guess girls can't read these or self-insert themselves in? All of these ended well, with the MC turning out to be a decent human being. Despite all that, every time a manga like this pops up, people repeat the same complain, sing the same tune, dance the same dance.
Some people are just born to hate men and find them creepy, lol.
46.gif
It's just a thought. Maybe if the MC is clearly a chick or ultra gay, would they shut up? Perhaps. I think even women who imagine themselves in the shoes of the victim would find another woman more trustworthy.

Yeah, I know it's not meant to be realistic. I hope no one takes it seriously and think "Hm, this is real and Japanese society turns a blind eye to people who need help".
Still, if I have to think of a reason why he hasn't called the police, it'd be that even if they are called in to question her, she wouldn't tell them anything. Hard to investigate if even the victim isn't cooperative. As for the others, perhaps they've tried to ask her, but she shunned them all. The way to open her mouth is to gain her trust, which MC seems to be succeeding.

Group Leader
That would be nice to see. Though I do love to see guys being protected by women. What Man doesn't want to be treated like a princess on occasion?
Would love to see that, too. XD But pretty sure many people would hate that even more. I've read manga that have the male MC be weak and the stronger female MC protects him. Never run out of people who berate the male MC to no end.

Fed-Kun's army
If the artist really wants to piss people off he could have the MC save her and as she recovers she falls for someone else, leaving POV-kun alone.
this manga plot.. and hey, you remind me of a certain anime cough ERASED cough www

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to see more manga with similar set up but with the POV of a female MC. Having the MC be male is automatically going to be creepy for many people, because in many situations like this, society dictates that men are creepy just for existing.
If the MC is female, that ought to alleviate the complains, somewhat, maybe.
059.gif

Or just have the male MC be clearly ultra gay so no one complains about "dude trying to be white knight to score girl" or something similar.
Honestly, people act like guys haven't been the protectors since the beginning of the human race. Of course no matter what century your in, there's always gonna be a guy saving a girl, that's never gonna change, and it isn't creepy or weird or "oh he just wants her because he's some creature that thrives on relations with females". These people need to go out, touch some grass, look at some clouds, and think about why they hate men helping women. What's funny is if it was a female mc helping a guy the comments would be filled with people saying the dude is weak for needing help from a woman.

Honestly, people act like guys haven't been the protectors since the beginning of the human race. Of course no matter what century your in, there's always gonna be a guy saving a girl, that's never gonna change, and it isn't creepy or weird or "oh he just wants her because he's some creature that thrives on relations with females". These people need to go out, touch some grass, look at some clouds, and think about why they hate men helping women. What's funny is if it was a female mc helping a guy the comments would be filled with people saying the dude is weak for needing help from a woman.
I would advice you to read "Boroboro no Elf-san wo Shiawase ni Suru Kusuriuri-san". The premise is similar to this, a man helping a woman, but you would see no one complaining about "he is helping for ulterior motives", because the execution is done in a way which eliminates that reasoning. Like even if the MC was a female and approached a bruised up boy, helped him and passed a remark on how cute he looks, it would be creepy too.

Dex-chan lover
I would advice you to read "Boroboro no Elf-san wo Shiawase ni Suru Kusuriuri-san". The premise is similar to this, a man helping a woman, but you would see no one complaining about "he is helping for ulterior motives", because the execution is done in a way which eliminates that reasoning. Like even if the MC was a female and approached a bruised up boy, helped him and passed a remark on how cute he looks, it would be creepy too.
Except it wouldn't be? You've never had a woman hand you some food and call you cute/handsome? Must suck to be you. It's called social interactions, not creepy.

Except it wouldn't be? You've never had a woman hand you some food and call you cute/handsome? Must suck to be you. It's called social interactions, not creepy.
Your sense of normalcy is weird. I've never had a woman hand me some food and call me cute/handsome while I have bruises all over my body. Yeah, maybe for some consolation or calming the victim down but definitely NOT in a sexual manner as depicted in this manga. This IS creepy, not some kind of social interaction.

Dex-chan lover
Your sense of normalcy is weird. I've never had a woman hand me some food and call me cute/handsome while I have bruises all over my body. Yeah, maybe for some consolation or calming the victim down but definitely NOT in a sexual manner as depicted in this manga. This IS creepy, not some kind of social interaction.
Idk, as long as he isn't asking for anything in return I don't think it's creepy. As far as I can tell he liked her before she was all bruised like that so it's understandable that seeing her in a state like that kind of made him want to hurry up and tell her his feelings before she might tragically die or something.

Users who are viewing this thread